“A piece of Heaven”

Dining Room at Trapp Family Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Dining Room at Trapp Family Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 101 Restaurants in Stowe
Price range: USD 8 - USD 42
Cuisines: American, Austrian, European, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Bristol, Rhode Island
“A piece of Heaven”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Spectacular views, wonderful service, great beer and of course sensational food of course what more could you ask for? The ambiance combined with the breath taking scenic views is almost enough to make the trip here from anywhere. We of course made our way through the menu not wanting to miss a thing. The duck confit was amazing. And the wiener schnitzel was about the best I have every had. Thank you to the chef and wonderful staff for one of my top dining experiences. A must try and we will of course return!!

• Visited February 2012

Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible Dinner!”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We went up to the Dining Room at The Trapp Family Lodge earlier this week and enjoyed an amazing dinner! The tuna melted in my mouth-delicious! Every course was presented beautifully and created perfectly. Try the Chef's Tasting Menu! From the first sip of wine to the last bite of dessert, we enjoyed every bite! Highly recommended! Very talented Chef! Excellent service - will return!

Alexandria VA
“Great meal to cap birthday”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I was staying in my timeshare for the week, but wanted a special meal for my birthday without worrying about drinking and driving, so I ate in the dining room. Was seated at a window table per my reservation request and enjoyed looking out at the lights in the trees. Viener schnitzel was great, vegetables nice and crisp, spaetzle cooked perfectly. This was a generous portion, and after attending the wine tasting in the late afternoon, I didn[t need an appetizer. Service was friendly and prompt. Not too many people in dining room at that hour (6 pm). If you're a timeshare owner, there is a 10% discount for a la carte dinners on Monday and Tuesday nights (this was a Wednesday).

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank CatyRay
Boston, MA
“Great food at a legendary hotel”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Everything here was great. Be sure to try the beef brisket. The cattle are raised on property. Also the brewery onsite makes some great beers.

San Diego, California
“Impressed!”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

My girlfriend and I came to Vermont not expecting much for food but I was blown away. The ambiance mixed with the meal made for an unforgettable night.

Dare I say that it was the best meal I ever had?
The food rivaled cuisine I have had anywhere else and you can tell the Chef knows his stuff!!!! The presentation was awesome and the staff knowledgeable

I had the Braised Trapp Beef and the Scallops with the Louis Latour, "Valmoissine". Great Wine List! I would come back in a heart beat!!

This place is a must!!!