“My favorite mountain in the north east”
Review of Stowe Mountain

Stowe Mountain
Ranked #10 of 65 things to do in Stowe
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I love to start on toll road, you can get some great pictures. I'm not an avid skier, I prefer greens and blues, but the glades are great and there is some fabulous advanced skiing if you are braver than I!

All reviews
in 100 reviews
"lifts"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 21 February 2012

As a relatively new skier, but someone who has been able to still sample a number of different mountains (I guess I'm a slow learner!), I found Stowe to be the best by far for beginners. The number of green trails, and their length and variety in terrain kept me interested and challenged. The difference in snow conditions between Stowe and nearby Sugarbush, which I had been to the day before, were vastly in Stowe's favor. The more experienced skiers in my group also really enjoyed Stowe's trails.

And on a slightly unrelated note, Stowe is about 20 minutes away from the Ben and Jerry's factory, which is a great apres ski activity for all ages!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Hand's down, Stowe is the best ski mountain in the East. Over the past few years, major investments in services ensure a great experience, including a new hi-speed quad; RFID lift tickets (no more zip ties); great base accommodations.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

The mountain does offer some nice amenities, such as the free lockers. And of course - one can always say, "I skiied Stowe". Considering that a Stowe ticket is now the priciest in New England, we expected better skiing conditions. It is understandable that the Northeast is exeperiencing a lack of natural snow this winter, but having skiied on packed powder in NH the day previous to our Stowe visit, we were disappointed in the treacherous, icy conditions we encountered on the mountain - and that was first thing in the morning, before it was "skied off". It does not appear that there has been much of an effort to crank out man-made snow to supplement Mother Nature, or work the groomers hard over the existing surfaces. What a waste of money!