“Smart Suites, a "smart" decision!”

Smart Suites Burlington
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Port Richey, Florida
“Smart Suites, a "smart" decision!”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I've stayed there twice and love the location! Our suite had a kitchen and a grocery store was right down the street, it was perfect! Sometimes we would travel all day and it was nice to come back to the room for a light dinner or snack. We had a beautiful view from our room. I surprised my husband by planning a trip through the Adirondacks to a family cemetery in Lowville, NY, we went to Ethan Allen's estate, Burlington, Bristol, Ben and Jerry's and Green Mountain Coffee Co.
They were all within striking distance of our hotel. And the best part? Within 10 minutes of the airport! So convenient to return our rental car and make our flight.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a beautiful view
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank bayougirl_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Albany, New York
Reviewed 6 January 2012

This hotel is nice - the front desk staff were VERY helpful with directions, etc. The room was spotless and a decent size.

It's important to request a room above the first floor if you are sensitive to cigarette smoke. Our room REEKED of smoke - we found out why when we visited the "fitness center" in the basement - which is where the smoking rooms are. Directly below our room! We're from NY - we are not used to smoking at all - it's not allowed at hotels or bars in NY, thank goodness. At any rate, upper floors are key.

The walls, as mentioned by others, are thin. We were woken up at 3:30am by a TV and loud shouting/banging.

The breakfast was very good - a step above continental for sure. And the serving staff at breakfast VERY kind and helpful.

We would definitely stay there again, but with earplugs and not on that first floor, unless the hotel goes totally non-smoking, which they really should consider.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor unless you like cigarette smoke smells!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank catsnotkids
Syracuse,NY
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Everything in this hotel was perfect. From the large & comfy rooms to the many "little" extras like fresh cookies in the lobby & a book shelf full of books & games available in the computer room.

Unfortunately the pool & hot tub were not *IN* this hotel. We were a little disappointed when we discovered that the pool & hot tub we had access to were in the hotel next door. In fact - it appeared the cluster of 3 or 4 hotels in this location all use this one pool.

It was just a short walk across the parking lot but in the winter time, an inconvenience to have to put on warm clothes or coats & boots to go enjoy the pool. But like I said - this was a *little* disappointment.

The *BIG* disappointment was how disgusting the pool, hot tub and whole pool area were. The hot tub was gross and the water barely lukewarm, the water looked it hadn't been cleaned in days.

We decided to try the pool instead, but it was the same temperature... just barely warm. And as I moved my hand through the water, a huge clump of nasty hair became entangled in my fingers. It turned my stomach - so we got out & left.

The whole pool area - floor, bathrooms, etc were filthy. Obviously with 3 or 4 hotels all using the same pool area, many users are coming in from outside with wet & dirty shoes.. and they do not do anything to remedy that.

If the pool is that bad, I would hate to see what the rooms over there are like.

Although I found cheaper rates elsewhere, we specifically wanted a hotel with a pool & were excited to book at Smart Suites. As happy as I was with the hotel itself, I feel I wasted the extra money spent to have access to a pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: We had a one bedroom with 2 double beds, room 302 I think. It was an end room so we had 2 views - th...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed for 2 days in room 304. We were 2 couples. This place is absolutely perfect,quiet, its clean,nicely decorated and has everything you need. Only thing is if your staying 4 people better get 2 beds or an air mattress because the pull out sofa is very bad. The continental breakfast was really amazing it has everything you need. I don't know if its because its the holidays but this was the best continental breakfast I saw by far. I recommende this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not use the sofa bed its not comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stayed at the Smart Suites Thanksgiving night after spending the holiday with our son who lives in Burlington. The suite was large and very comfortable with a full kitchen and counter/table, a living room with a desk, sleeper couch, comfy chair and tv, a decent size bedroom with another tv and sink/closet area separate from the bathroom and shower. Perfect set-up to spread out and relax, work, watch tv. The free wi-fi was wonderful - I was able to do some work both at the desk and while lounging on the couch. When we first got into our room, I grabbed the ice bucket and went looking for an ice machine, to no avail. The young man at the reception area explained there was none and that each suite has an ice maker as part of the freezer/refrigerator. He asked if I needed ice immediately, and when I replied yes, he arranged to have a bucket of ice sent up to the suite about 10 minutes later. While waiting for that ice, I flipped the switch and my ice maker made the first batch. The hotel offers a decent breakfast - a step above the standard, but not quite as varied and bountiful as a Homewood Suites. I just put a whole bunch of hard boiled eggs and apples into bowls and brought them up to the room. My only complaint is that the walls seem paper thin - I heard tvs, other conversations, showers running, etc. all at a very loud volume as if they were practically in the same room. I couldn't tell if it was all coming from next door or the floor above. It was distracting and annoying. Once it got late, however, everyone quieted down and the hotel was very quiet - I did not hear any street noise nor anything else until the morning.

Room Tip: I am not sure if the noise problem could be solved by location in the hotel. It is worth asking for...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
5.5 km away
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
5.5 km away
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
5.2 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
0.9 km away
Quality Inn Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
#1 of 4 in Shelburne
5.3 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!