I normally avoid lodging with outside corridors, especially in colder places. I do so for a variety of reasons, perhaps the most important being that these places tend to be older. I'm glad, however, that I didn't avoid the Fairbanks Inn. It has the layout of an older building, but it's kept up to par with newer lodgings.
The Fairbanks Inn is owned by the same group that owns the Comfort Inn in town (amongst other hotels). This is gives guests of the Fairbanks Inn access to the indoor pool at the Comfort Inn. During warmer weather, guests can use the on-site outdoor pool, which is very private for a motel.
The staff was extremely friendly, both at check-in and check-out. We stayed in the honeymoon suite. The suite is huge. It has a living/dining area, two bathrooms, and a bedroom. The larger bathroom has a huge jacuzzi tub that easily fits two people. The kitchenette had a microwave and a refrigerator - no stovetop. The furniture in the suite was in need of updating. It was clean, but it had seen its day. A slipcover on the sofa suggested that it was time for a new sofa. Everything screamed 1980's.
Should you stay here? If you are leery of motel style lodging - don't worry. This place is clean and comfortable. We had no problem at all with noise. The Comfort Inn is a little nicer, however. So if the rates are the same, I would suggest the Comfort Inn. If price is an issue, or if the Comfort Inn is booked, I would suggest the Fairbanks Inn over the Holiday Motel. This is because the Fairbanks Inn seems to have a more private setting and feels less "motel-like" - especially at the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Vermont's Friendliest Inn," nestled in the heart of Vermont's Northeast Kingdom. Forty-six spacious, newly renovated guest-appointed rooms & suites, outdoor seasonal heated pool, beautifully landscaped courtyard, private balconies, poolside rooms.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Fairbanks Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairbanks Hotel Saint Johnsbury
- Fairbanks Motel Saint Johnsbury