“Great wine and cheese board.”
Review of Brix Wine Bar

Brix Wine Bar
Ranked #39 of 116 Restaurants in Rutland
Price range: USD 5 - USD 12
Description: Chef Stephen Sawyer, of Table 24, brings to Rutland his vision of fine wine, small plates, cheese and charcuterie in a cozy an intimate atmosphere. A place for friends to gather and enjoy each others company while they also enjoy fine wines, craft cocktails, Vermonts finest beer.
Reviewed 6 May 2017

Stopped here one night with a friend and enjoyed the wine and cheese bar. Nice selection of wines are offered.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Such a great addition to Rutland's dining scene! Love the atmosphere AND the wine choices AND the food! We stopped in on half price glasses night, so we got to try several light to fuller bodied wines as the food courses arrived. Each one was a delight, as were especially the prosciutto and the raviolis. We WILL be back!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I went there for the first time last Friday night around 8pm. There were a few other patrons at the time, so it was cozy. The wine selection is plentiful, along with the presentation. Appetizer selection was good too. I had the pesto flat bread, and it was pretty good, as far as flat breads go. A little pricey for my taste, but a nice change of place for me.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

I love Brix. Have been there several times and find the wine selection excellent and the light fare tasty and inventive. The service was cheerful and attentive. I cannot imagine where the "Penguinator13" reviewer
thought he/she was. This is not New York or Paris (where I once lived). It is Rutland and Brix is an excellent addition. Also the word is "worst" not "worse".

Reviewed 28 March 2016

When I visit a wine bar, I expect it to meet certain expectations.

- I expect variety. I expect Desert Wines. I expect a "Brix Brand Wine" or a "House Wine" or a "partnered wine that should've been advertised to me in an exhausted verbatim." I expect some type of bubbly or "exotic / foreign" wines. I expect Local wines from Vermont. Brix has failed to deliver on the variety of wines I come to expect from a wine bar. I don't want "table" wines. I want something that I can't just drive to the local liquor store down the road..

- I expect Deserts. Chocolates. Fruits. Candies. Recommend me something to go with the drink. i.e. This chardonnay goes well with this desert, would you like to order it as well? It wasn't helpful either that the bartender just wanted to play on his phone and didn't focus on customer service.

- I expect all cheeses, meats, or any kind of food to come out NOT on an oversize metal plate as if you got them from a liquidator airplane convention. There is a Walmart right across the street. Give me $200 and I can find a couple of small wooden cutting boards or something. The presentation doesn't say "Class" is says to me "Cheap and Now Boarding American Airlines Flight 7321 to Chicago"

- I expect the atmosphere to say something. It's about the little touches here and there that make it a worth while experience. Again, there is a Walmart across the street... it can be done on a budget... Some examples: tea lights, small plants, an aroma that doesn't smell like a dishwasher, music that doesn't sound like its from the radio..

Essentially I walked into a bar that only serves wine and not a Wine Bar.... Management needs to look into bars in New York City and literally copy it. The presentation is off. The Staff doesn't want to be there. and There is no variety.

1  Thank Penguinator13