“Perfect pet-friendly mountain cabin!”
other travellers have booked this property
Second bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Second bedroom
First floor, looking from dining room into bathroom
Sunroom on second floor, window faces South, perfect spot to read a book
The endless fascination of watching the flames dance
Looking from living room into dining area
Half of the living room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
DRichford
New York City, New York
“Perfect pet-friendly mountain cabin!”
Reviewed 31 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I cannot say enough about this cabin. It is the perfect place for a Vermont getaway! I have rented many cabins and this one exceeds all expectations. Rik, the owner (and builder), is the perfect host. He met us upon arrival with fresh baked bread and Vermont cheese. He had great suggestions for area attractions based on our interests. He truly went out of his way to make our stay a comfortable and enjoyable one.

The cabin is the most beautiful, whimsical cabin I've ever stayed in. It has been built so thoughtfully, using materials from the nature. Every room is amazing, but the bathrooms are unbelievable. My favorite is the downstairs bathroom. I felt as if I were showering in a rainforest (in the summer months you can open the doors and it feels as if you're outside!). Rik has also gone out of his way to make the cabin as green as possible, complete with garbage rules, so garbage doesn't rule.

I will definitely back to Hickory Ridge cabin. We are already in the process of figuring out dates for our next visit!

Allison M
“Private Vermont Getaway in a Magical Cabin”
Reviewed 23 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

My husband and I decided we wanted to find a place we could return year after year with our children, like we used to do when we were little. This cabin was amazing! So unique and made with such thoughtfulness; we couldn't believe how beautiful it is! The cabin is secluded, but was close enough to shopping and restaurants. We also visited a local quarry where we had seen people swimming the day before, and look forward to visiting there as well as hiking when our kids get a little bigger. We relaxed, played outside, and exploded the area, and are already thinking about planning our next visit. Lastly, if you don't go for anything else, go for the homemade bread; its deliciousness!

Jason B
“Best place ever”
Reviewed 30 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

This is easily the best place I have ever stayed at. The owner is fantastic as well. We will definitely be back for the tree house and hobbit home!

FreqTrave...
Baltimore
“A combination of art and nature in a 1-of-a-kind log cabin-style home”
Reviewed 12 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

We had a chance to meet Rik, the owner, who built this amazing home, which balances the charm of a natural log cabin and the artistic style of a visionary architect. The home reminded me of the famous Gaudi houses from Spain - very unique. The views are fantastic and you are out in nature but only 15 minutes from a grocery store. Great for a retreat or special time with family and friends.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The unique style of the house and the vieq
Liked least: The internet connectivity
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
suko13
Putnam Valley, New York
“The ULTIMATE cabin in the woods experience...a must read for this trip”
Reviewed 20 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

My wife and I had some trouble with the dates that we originally planned for this trip but Rik worked with us and we were able to go this past weekend.
I can't stress enough how much better this place is than in the pictures and the description on tripadvisor. They don't do it justice. The cabin and the property it's on is nothing less than breathtaking. The craftsmanship that he put into building his cabin is just unbelievable. The floors, the steps, the bathrooms, the railings, walls, ceilings, the balconies and porch, the lighting, the bedrooms, the decor... I guess I'd be naming everything in the place, because everything is really beautiful. I walked around the cabin all weekend amazed at how much thought Rik put in to every square inch of the cabin. I was SO impressed with everything. Every two feet, I would call for my wife to come look at something that amazed me about the place. Not to mention the Hobbit house Rik is building in the woods. Just unbelievable! To top things off, we went on a weekend with a full moon and we heard a bunch of coyotes howling! I mean, EVERYTHING about our weekend at this cabin was just amazing. When I read in other reviews about Rik bringing a loaf of warm bread to his guests, I thought OK, that's a nice gesture. But when I tasted this bread, it had to be one of the best loaves of bread I've ever had in my entire life! Lol... I really can't stress enough how amazing our trip was. EVERYTHING about it was awesome. We've already started making plans to go back with some friends and family. There is SO MUCH room in this cabin and every room is just so awesome. We can't wait for our next trip to Vermont. I have to say, my wife and I walked away from this place with so many new ideas and completely inspired!
Thank you Rik for everything. This was one of the best trips we've made in a long time.
Joe and Sue

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing