“Pure Luck”
Review of The Pumpkin Patch

The Pumpkin Patch
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rochester
The Pumpkin Patch
Ranked #1 of 1 Rochester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 March 2012

My girlfriend and I had decided to go on a motorcycle trip that by the end would work out to 3 days and 700 miles of travel through MA, NH, and VT. It was the second night of our trip and it was dark and cold so we continued to travel south on route 100 looking for a place to stay. That's when we rode into Rochester and happened upon the Pumpkin Patch B & B. I waited while she went inside to talk to the owners about staying for the night. When she came back Rich the owner was right behind her. He had come down to give us a deal on the Mountain Room because he too acknowledged the fact that it was cold and dark out. He probably also saw how exhausted we were. Staying there turned out to be the best decision of our trip.

As I came up the driveway, I saw how well landscaped the property was. The house is very large and the tour Rich gave left me amazed at how clean and cozy the house was. There is a sitting room that connects the garages and Mountain View Room to the rest of the house that is very comfortable and relaxing. For a late dinner, my girlfriend and I walked directly across the town common to a restaurant with good food and a great atmosphere.

Waking up in the morning was the best part. We had arrived at night so looking out the door and seeing rolling hills and fields was wonderful. The breakfast was delicious with everything being homemade and the two other couples that joined us made great conversation. This was an experience that I will never forget. It was pure luck that we found this place and it's something that I will do again at the closest opportunity.

Room Tip: Mountain Room is huge with a beautiful view, plenty of privacy, and the most comfortable bed i'v...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 October 2010

Cute and cozy describes this B&B from top to bottom. The rooms all have their own bathrooms and are decorated in pumpkins and historical furniture. There's a lot of history with this house and the owners have done their research to be able to tell you about it. The owners are really friendly and will make you feel at home. They go the extra mile for their guests, making cookies fresh for tea and quick breads for breakfast daily. I love the tea station in the kitchen next to the wood-burning cast iron cooking (and heating) stove. Be ready to eat a hearty breakfast- you'll need it for all the hiking/skiing/leafpeeping the Central Green Mountains has to offer. I should also mention that the Pumpkin Patch B&B is a great value. Check out their website: www.pumpkinpatchbnb.com

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank birdwatcher5

Been to The Pumpkin Patch? Share your experiences!