Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews pool table free breakfast game room slope side welcoming atmosphere ski storage video games ping pong table close proximity bagels bromley slopes lobby robin skis convenience vermont
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 January 2009

After reading some of the reviews given for this hotel, I was kind of worried about staying here. I am glad that we decided to take a chance and go despite the reviews.

The location is great, the room was comfortable, the kids loved the pool, and the restaurant offered a variety of nightly specials.

We had a wonderful time and the kids loved it. We will definitely go back to Bromley Sun Lodge

Date of stay: December 2008
Reviewed 10 January 2008

Where should I start? The parking lot was a sheet of ice, no attempt to sand or salt. The elevator was shabby, very slow and didn't go to the 4th floor. You had to get off at the third floor and go up the stairs to the 4th floor. I avoided using the elevator for most of my stay.

Prior to entering the room, I checked out the pool. It was in the basement and the mildew smell was extremely strong. The pool is a joke, very small, cold and dirty. I wouldn't go in if I were on fire. The gym was even worse. All the doors deadbolt from the inside, so anyone can go in and prevent anyone from the outside from getting in. Scary.

The room: I wanted to cry, the extreme humidity and smell was indescribable!!! Thank heaven the bathroom was redone, but it still looked and felt dirty. The toilet looked like it was about to overflow every time I flushed it. Think of the seediest hotel you ever stayed in, this is worse.

I didn't take my shoes the whole time. The rug looked gross. There was no coffee maker, no closet, no iron, and no alarm clock. The comforter looked like it was never washed, so I didn’t use it.

The laundry room: pack enough clothes; there was one washing machine and one dryer. There were holes in the wall and mold and mildew everywhere. (next to the pool - i never saw anyone in the pool my whole stay)

The free breakfast buffet was marginal, about the only thing that was sort of ok.

I can’t believe they don't fix this place up? The location is great and potentially a gold mine.

Other then the location, I would not recommend this dump to anyone, ever. If I could of got my money back I would of slept in my car, no lie.

Date of stay: December 2007
5  Thank joeschmoe1Ct
Reviewed 7 January 2008

Stayed at Bromley Sun Lodge 5 occasions in the past 10 years. Most recently, during the holiday break in December 2007. This is an old lodge that has some charm. We recently learned of a management change and were skeptical since the last visit to the lodge a few years back was overpriced and very poorly run. But, my child requested the Sun Lodge for her birthday and we decided to go. Here is the review. An absolute ski-in/ski-out dream. Steps to the Sun Mountain Quad and great if your family takes breaks at different times. The facility has gotten a little face lift with newer carpets, shower/tub inserts cleaner rooms and some new beddings. Overall, a good experience. Did not notice any bugs, built up dirt as in past reviews. We actually had a credit due to an overcharge on the reservation (that I pointed out to the management and they agreed). We took the credit in the form of the buffet dinner offered during the winter weekends and holidays. Very basic at $13 per but the Yankee pot roast was tender and juicy, Good if you are just looking, like we were to hang in for the night. Full cooked breakfast during high times (eggs, bacon, sausage, waffle maker, cereals, breads). All decently set up and good for anyone. Bar in house is small but serviceable. Lobby has some old board games and a fire along with a large TV. Kids movies were abundant and that was nice to see. parking is adequate, elevators work and llights are on. However, pricey for what you get at $240 a night during the peak. But, overall, improvement from teh past noted, I would return. If the management keeps up the good work, this place can become a good to upscale experience. We'll have to see. One side note, the indoor pool is very cold. Management needs to improve the heating system and attempt to reduce condensation build-up which is extensive. But, still went in.

Date of stay: December 2007
2  Thank We3ski
Reviewed 11 October 2007

I read some of the reviews here and wasn't sure what to expect. We went up to Bromley Mountain resort for Labor day weekend with the family. Our children just had a great time. The hotel room was clean and the staff was pleasant. We found our selves in the lobby with our girls (4 and 7) playing a variety of board games every evening. The hotel is on the same property as Bromley Thrill Zone. Very convenient

Date of stay: September 2007
Reviewed 22 August 2007

convenient location for "Thrill Zone" and skiing, but the place needs major renovations. There were bugs in the bed, mold and cobwebs in the room and on the balcony, the elevator smelled, there was garbage in the hallways and the included breakfast was meager.
The owners were nice enough, but nothing special. I didn't dare walk barefoot on the carpet or in the shower.

Date of stay: August 2007