“Terrible service!”

Add it.
Waynes Snack Bar and Pizza
Ranked #16 of 32 Restaurants in Newport
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Not quite sure what the waitstaff’s issue was but it seemed they were a bit put off by our party of 7 an hour before they closed. If you don’t want people’s money maybe you should close the doors!
Out waitress had the personality of a wet noodle, not friendly or helpful at all! Would disappear for long periods of time before checking on us. I asked for extra tartar sauce twice and still never got any.
Scallop roll was small, scallops were good but not for the price.
We won’t be back!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 9 April 2017

We've lived in the area for 14 years and finally gave Wayne's a try on a Thursday night. There were two waitresses and about 5 tables filled. No one greeted us when we entered so we sat ourselves. After about 5 minutes a girl came over and tried to put the silverware down on an unwiped table. She did wipe it but then forgot our silverware when our food came. Anyway, the food: my husband ordered the meatloaf special. It was good but the portion was stingy for $11.99. One thin slice of meatloaf, a scoop of mashed potatoes and gravy, a side of not fresh green beans, no roll. I ordered the bone in fried half chicken. It was cooked properly and was tasty, but it was so small, it could've been a Cornish hen. It also cost $11.99 but at least I got some toasted bread. The food was tasty but we thought the portions were small for the price as this is not a fine dining place. I'm not sure if we will be back.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Whether by car or snowmobile go here. The food is good and service friendly and fast. A great place for a relaxed meal.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 27 February 2017

I'm sure there are healthy options on the menu - but I don't go to Wayne's for healthy food. I go for amazing burgers and some of the best home made french fries I've ever had locally. The staff is fantastic, the food is delivered in a decent amount of time and while the decor could definitely be fancier - I honestly don't care. Again, I don't go for fancy decor, I go for deliciously fattening food!!

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank Randi M
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I had to leave home early Saturday morning so didn't have time for breakfast. After I dropped my wife at the hairsalon, I headed to Wayne's to try their breakfast. It was all I had imagined. The waitress was very efficient, friendly, and bantering with the crowd of mostly Vermonters out for a early breakfast, just like I was. I had the "Newport center" special. Two easy over eggs, two strips of bacon, slab of sausage, homefries and pancakes. Of couse I couldn't eat it all, but enjoyed trying. It was excellent. A total of 10. for the whole thing pleased me well also.

Date of visit: October 2016