“Always great. ”

Hoagie's Pizza and Pasta
Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I have been going to Hoagies for many many years now. I absolutely love it there.
The staff are always friendly but it’s about the food.
Portions are huge. I had the baked ziti with meatballs. I could only eat half. Hubby had the spaghetti.
The calzones are great. I always get the veggie one. Again can only eat 1/2 a small one. For the price it is well worth the experience. Bring Hoagies to Ontario

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

This was my first time at a Hoagies, and it was awesome! Went with a larger group and they were efficient and helpful with splitting checks. There are so many different options! So good! (Pic of pizza is their smallest size).

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Food is fair tho salads are mostly lettuce so mostly disappointing. Pizza is not the best in comparison to other places in town, but it is quick and easy for take out, the wait staff are friendly and service is quick. The food is predictable at their locations.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I ordered calzone and it didn't have any ricotta cheese in it and the veggies were raw and crunchy. My husband ordered a pizza and asked if it was thin and girl told him yes, she must not know what thin crust means, it was not even close to thin crust and his veggies was also under cooked I mean raw!!!

Date of visit: September 2017
ChrisD1973, Owner at Hoagie's Pizza and Pasta, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Hello, I'm sorry for your sub par visit we only add ricotta to items under requests and our veggies are sliced daily fresh and aren't sauteed so when baked in our oven they may have a slight crisp to them..and for our thin crust there more of a hand tossed and not considered a NY thin. All the things on our menu Cater to our locals and sometimes are misunderstood by out of state or non local people and for that I apologize but thank you for your business best regards Chris Duncan

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We were there with a group of friends and kids.
Service was great, extremely friendly, smiling, knowing their menu and what to eat based on your preferences .
Deep fried pickles, yummiesque
Greek Pizza and Spinach Stromboli, exceptional.
kids loved their zitty and cream
Nice ice cream parlour next door with arcades to keep the kids busy .

we drove 45 min out of our way to get their but we will return for sure next time we are in VT .

Date of visit: August 2017