Hilltop Inn(Montpelier)
USD 109
USD 253
USD 230
Hotels.com
High Hill Inn(Montpelier)(Great Value!)
USD 129
USD 97
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 114/night.

QualityInn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waterbury Stowe(Waterbury)(Great Value!)
USD 234
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus Waterbury - Stowe(Waterbury)(Great Value!)
USD 207
USD 157
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 185/night.

All reviewscookiesmaple syrupgas stationbottled waterno elevatorfront deskwafflessoft drinksbaconapplebee's restaurantboard gamesroom was cleanoff the highwayright next doorfree long distancelittle extrasking suite
Reviewed 19 July 2016

We had reservations for one night at this property, and enjoyed it so much that ended up staying a second night.

A caveat: while they are listed as being in Montpelier, they are some miles outside town – not a long drive, but not in the city.

A second caveat: they lack an elevator, in spite of being located on a hill and having two floors. But according to management, they are upgrading this aspect and should have one or more installed by the end of the year.

That said, everything else, from cleanliness to the included breakfast is a cut above other Comfort Inns and similar chains. This was our best hotel stay in our two-week trip to New England. Prices are also a bit more than other properties in this chain.

We liked the abundance of outlets, the brand new fitness room, an included breakfast with considerable more choices than other places that offered this, and freshly baked cookies every evening. It’s the small touches that make a difference.

Management was very friendly, accommodating, and apologetic for their lack of elevator.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
SarahBenedictGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn at Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2016

Dear Xicorea,

I'm so thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us at the Comfort Inn & Suites at Maplewood so much that you extended your stay! Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with fellow travelers. Our location is in the Montpelier, Barre, Berlin area which can be confusing and yes, we do lack an elevator but are working on that as you had mentioned.

Thank you again and I hope you will consider us if visiting the Montpelier area in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

What a joy to come across a very nice hotel while traveling through town. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Beds were comfortable and room was clean and neat. Felt almost like being home! Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Thanks, Darlene K!

What warms my heart about your review is your comment 'Felt almost like being at home!'. We strive to deliver legendary service, clean and comfortable accommodations, and small touches such as soda, cookies, milk, games, and newspapers so our guests feel at home as possible.

Thank you for your willingness to share your experience with others. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

We stayed at Comfort Inn at Maplewood for 3 nights in one of the suites. We stay here each time we visit central Vermont and we will continue to do so. This Inn is extremely clean, comfortable and the staff are outstanding. We always appreciate the extra amenities; water, Green Mountain Roasters coffee, the Barre Times Argus and USA today, and of course, Vermont Maple Syrup. Great place to stay. The house keeping staff are excellent!!!! Margaret and Don

Room Tip: The suite was comfortable, clean and lots of room
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank margaret d

Hello Margaret D!

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our property and share you experience with others. We appreciate the feedback! I will be sharing your review with the staff; especially the housekeeping team who work hard and are frequently overlooked. It is important that they know what a fantastic job they do.

I'm so happy that you enjoy everything we have to offer. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Excellent choice of hotel. I checked in and was told I was guest of the day so they gave me small bag of candy, drinking glass, etc. Very nice thought. The room is very nice and no problems found at all. Hairdryer could be a bit stronger on high. Tabatha at front desk is wonderful. She even called the room after checkin to see if all was okay! Breakfast is hot and their standard eggs, toast, bagels, meat, juice, and coffee. In the lobby they serve free cans of soda or water and also flavored water. Cookies served every afternoon too. Cannot go wrong staying at this Choice Hotels chain of Comfort Inns.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you, Dave-Habu!

I am so happy that you enjoyed our accommodations and service! We strive to provide legendary service to every guest visiting our hotel whether it be at the Front Desk, Breakfast, or when the guest rooms are tended to. It is always wonderful to see that our guests notice the small things we do to ensure comfort and accessibility to needs. Thanks for giving a 'shout out' to Tabatha. She is a new addition to our Front Desk and deserves the recognition for her efforts!

From all of us at the Comfort Inn & Suites at Maplewood, we would like to say Thank You for reviewing our property and sharing your experience with fellow travelers. We hope to welcome you to our property again in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

While I am not a stickler for high-end amenities, I do expect a nice hotel for the value. Comfort Inn at Maplewood fits that bill and more.
Upon arrival, Albina, the front desk associate easily accommodated my request for early check-in. Within 5 minutes of entering my room, she called to see if the room was OK and to see if I needed anything. (I had been in an auto accident earlier - she seemed personally concerned as to how I was feeling and if I needed anything)
The room was immaculate, including the bathroom. The bed was comfortable.
Most important was the location. Convenient to everything - Waterbury, Stowe, Maple Farms, etc. Even Burlington was only 45 minutes away!
If I came back up to the VT area, which I would love to do during foliage season, I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
SarahBenedictGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn at Maplewood, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Thank you for reviewing our property Michael G! I am so very happy that you were treated with the service you deserve while away from home and that your accommodations met your needs. I will share your comments with our staff (and Albina)!