“Really nice”
Review of Big Jay Tavern

Big Jay Tavern
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Montgomery
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a casual dinner at big jay tavern with my family after skiing. Warm and cozy environment. Great food. Both the chicken and the soul were a little saucy but nice after a cold day skiing.
I felt bad for the solo waitress but she definitely got the job done.
Would definitely return

Reviewed 28 March 2018

mind- boggling that anybody can review this place as excellent...maybe few beers can affect reviewers mind..haha

we were so disappointed with the dinner served in Jay Peak (tramside) 'Alice's place'....that after 10 minutes of driving away from the mountain we have spotted this place, and decided to fix our appetite WRONG CHOICE

Ordered food.. and waited... and waited.. and waited some more.. then finally my pizza has arrived.. ( recommended by a wait stuff as a good choice ..ha)

it must have been their specialty called "charcoal" pizza :-(
I have never been served with worse pizza ever....what a disappointment to see them serving me this burnt pizza.. yes..anybody ,I guess can burn a pizza, but to bring that pizza to a customer shows how little this establishment cares about the people who pay their bills!!!!

We were not impressed with their lamb souvlaki or chicken wrap either.

The only thing we, as a group, agreed upon to be worth of presentation was their beef patty used in served burgers.. NOT the burger plate, just the beef patty and ground beef flavor. The fries served with the burger were old, fried most probably in old oil, based on the taste...and thus left untouched on the plate... No sauteed mushrooms, no grilled peppers to decorate the burger meal plates.. no imagination

mind -boggling, how anybody can review this place as excellent... unless the beer is so good....well, one has to try really hard to spoil a beer..right..

For my review to be truthful as it can be , I admit, we were offered to order a meal covered by the establishment. ( so thanks for the extra beef patty)

Did I mention that the coffee ordered here was tasteless too? So, now I wonder, maybe they can spoil the beer too..here

Sorry, but based on what was served to us in this place, my review cannot sound any better :-(

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Chose Big Jay after reading reviews and it seemed like a good option. Very bar/pub setting but not bad for kids. Food options were good and service was friendly. Biggest issue I had was my daughters burger was brought out very late, after some of us had already finishes our meals. An apology was offered, but just that. I would have expected it to be comped or at least a dessert.

Not a bad option if you want to get out off the resort.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Great Vermont atmosphere. Good bar selection and great food. Has two large wood tables. Look for music on the weekends. Full band set up. Nice view of a creek out back.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I just had dinner at this little, local hangout down the hill from Jay Peak Ski area. It was delicious. She enjoyed her fish and chips. In her words, “light and delicious”. My maple/ouzo glazed ribs were incredible. I need that recipe. They also had a great beer selection along with some nice wines. The bartender, Chris was a machine behind the bar and provided great service with a smile. We will definitely be back. Get there early and expect a wait. All food is done right and from scratch. Impressive! So, sit back, enjoy a couple of beverages and dream about what you are going to be eating. The vodka is multi-distilled from sap and local. Need me a bottle of that.