All reviews front desk courtyard marriott lobby area standard courtyard nice stay two brothers chain hotel fitness center convenient location stayed one night comfortable room third floor hot tub college vermont cot linens
Reviewed 6 December 2017

was in town so my daughter could visit middlebury college. the hotel itself is typical marriott, and is well located to the college. what makes this hotel really stand out are the folks running the place. every single person i encountered, from rusty (who i believe is the general manager), to the guys working the bistro, were really friendly and interested in helping out at every turn. if all hotels were run like this one, we'd all be a little bit happier during our travels. if my daughter ends up at middlebury next fall, i will be staying at this courtyard regularly for the next 4 years.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2017

I have stayed at this hotel for the past three years during the football season. I have never had a disappointing stay!! The rooms are always clean and have never had an issue. What makes this one of my favorites is the staff. They are friendly, hard working, and go out of their way to see that you have everything that you need. I am always greeted with a smile and kind words! I also have a particular room I like to stay in and they go out of their way to see that my needs are met. It also has the only Starbucks in town, which makes my wife VERY happy. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to feel at home during their travels!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Clean and fresh looking inside. The rooms are generous in size and have a bath and shower. The staff are helpful and pleasant and if you want a no frills place to stay at a reasonable price this is a good place.

The bistro offers reasonable food. It closes at 10pm. The breakfast is until. 11am. Again nothing fancy but decent.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jobob10
Rusty H, Manager at Courtyard Middlebury, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

thank you for your comments, hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Nice clean hotel close to Middlebury College!

The layout to the room was little strange with the king bed being perpendicular to the pull out couch, but we made due.

Located across from McDonalds and a gas station!

What you would expect from a Marriot with a nice breakfast area as well!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2017

At the end of last year I decided to become a traveler and see the USA. The Courtyard Middlebury was the first hotel I stayed in, and I am glad I chose it. I liked having the comforts and amenities I'm used to with the Marriott brand (quick dining, fitness center) but the hotel didn't feel like a chain hotel. It felt warm and homey and fit into Middlebury's quaint atmosphere. My favorite thing about the room was that the bed faced the window rather than the TV- getting to sit on the bed and enjoy the Vermont scenery was memorable. I also like the Courtyard by Marriott brand for solo travelers such as myself because of the casual dining option in the lobby where I don't feel weird sitting alone.

Date of stay: December 2016