All reviews place to stay gas fireplace canoe hosts porch cozy town
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Gary and Zelia are the nicest, most lovely hosts. The breakfasts were A+ and we have high standards from living in Berkeley. Zelia will cook within your dietary prefs and we had three very different but excellent breakfasts. The house is on a quiet lovely street that allows access to downtown via a newly restored covered bridge. The rooms are beautiful, beds very comfortable, and breakfast is served outside on their porch. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: the cottage is good for a family but does not include Breakfast!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rob W
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed 4 nights in this charming New England home. Gary and Zelia run this lovely B&B which is walking distance to and from Middlebury College. The house itself is comfortable, quiet, and clean. Breakfast is fresh and delicious. Gary and Zelia are very accommodating to their guests in all aspects; especially with any special dietary needs and also what time breakfast is served. The back of the house has a beautiful, picturesque garden that slopes down to Otter Creek - they even have a canoe for guests to use.

Both Gary and Zelia are very friendly and offer good insight to the local attractions including hiking, biking, and all the great local eateries. There are a variety of lodging options around Middlebury, but you really do get a 5 star experience here.

Room Tip: Both rooms are upstairs and furnished the same.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend On the Creek B&B to anyone who may be visiting Vermont. My husband and I stayed for two nights in early June. We were in town to scope out schools and homes for a planned move to the Middlebury area. Zelia and Gary were extremely helpful resources. They provided lots of great local information that we wouldn’t have gotten if we had stayed in a hotel. The room was bright and airy and we had the bathroom to ourselves as the other guest room was unoccupied. Breakfast was delicious! It was so relaxing to sit on the back porch overlooking the flowerbeds and enjoy the heavenly meal with freshly squeezed orange juice and freshly ground coffee. Although we did not have our children with us this seems to be a family-friendly place. The rooms are simply decorated and I would not have to worry about my children knocking over a nick-nacky antique of some sorts. If we are not able to accommodate future houseguests we’ll be recommending On the Creek to our friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A lovely experience, comfortable room in a beautifully restored historic home convenient walking distance to town and the college. Patio breakfast with a view of the gardens was great, Gary and Zelia are wonderful hosts. Also got a peak at their newly finished cottage accommodation, which is fantastic - loft with kitchen and patio/deck with a view of the creek. Can't recommend this place highly enough!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SueDC
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed here on a visit to Middlebury. What a fabulous place to stay! Beautifully and simply decorated. Clean, very very comfortable. I am a foodie from NYC.. The breakfast was amazing. Best scone I've ever eaten. We ate on the deck. Just gorgeous and very relaxing. The owners are fascinating, easy people to be with... Went on a run (big word for what it was) in the morning.. Spectacular. Couldn't have been happier with our stay.. Still talking about it. Hope my daughter goes to Middlebury so I can come back here with my husband!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family