All reviews place to stay gas fireplace canoe hosts porch cozy town
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend On the Creek B&B to anyone who may be visiting Vermont. My husband and I stayed for two nights in early June. We were in town to scope out schools and homes for a planned move to the Middlebury area. Zelia and Gary were extremely helpful resources. They provided lots of great local information that we wouldn’t have gotten if we had stayed in a hotel. The room was bright and airy and we had the bathroom to ourselves as the other guest room was unoccupied. Breakfast was delicious! It was so relaxing to sit on the back porch overlooking the flowerbeds and enjoy the heavenly meal with freshly squeezed orange juice and freshly ground coffee. Although we did not have our children with us this seems to be a family-friendly place. The rooms are simply decorated and I would not have to worry about my children knocking over a nick-nacky antique of some sorts. If we are not able to accommodate future houseguests we’ll be recommending On the Creek to our friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A lovely experience, comfortable room in a beautifully restored historic home convenient walking distance to town and the college. Patio breakfast with a view of the gardens was great, Gary and Zelia are wonderful hosts. Also got a peak at their newly finished cottage accommodation, which is fantastic - loft with kitchen and patio/deck with a view of the creek. Can't recommend this place highly enough!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SueDC
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed here on a visit to Middlebury. What a fabulous place to stay! Beautifully and simply decorated. Clean, very very comfortable. I am a foodie from NYC.. The breakfast was amazing. Best scone I've ever eaten. We ate on the deck. Just gorgeous and very relaxing. The owners are fascinating, easy people to be with... Went on a run (big word for what it was) in the morning.. Spectacular. Couldn't have been happier with our stay.. Still talking about it. Hope my daughter goes to Middlebury so I can come back here with my husband!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Anne H
Reviewed 14 April 2014

If you like a small intimate bed and breakfast in which you you have the opportunity to connect and spend a bit if time with the owners, this is the place for you!

On the creek is probably really more of a 4 star B&B, but compared to all other inns in the vicinity I'd venture to guess it's probably one if the two best if you like a small family run one. (I checked out several others).

It's a very quiet setting in the otter river. The owners Zelia and Gary do everything they can to make you feel at home. They also make you an amazing breakfast.

The Inn keepers are also interesting and thoughtful people who you'd enjoy having a glass of wine or cup of tea with. And they will indeed offer.

Only real drawback is shared bath. They are building a small cottage in the back for families which will have its own bath.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank stoneforeside
grodes, Owner at On the Creek Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Whilst the bathroom is shared between the two rooms, either room can be reserved with the bathroom being private; the other room would then not be rented out. The newly built guest house will be available from the end of May 2014. It has a private bathroom.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed one nite. There are 2 very small bedrooms at the top of a very narrow staircase. They are very close together and share a bathroom. Everything is very clean and Basic. Beds are very comfortable . But it is similar to a dorm room or a single at Kripalu; no attempt at decorating or comfort. Tiny bedside tables, small desk with desk chair .Bare wood floors.
Breakfast was fine . When checked in we were offered tea and cookies.
Nice people !

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
grodes, Owner at On the Creek Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. The aesthetic we strive for is an uncluttered, modernist one, which guests have commented on with approval. This lovely 1827 Federal house has a regular sized staircase and rooms which other guests find to be spacious. The two rooms do not share a wall and are 11 foot apart. It is all a matter of scale and difference in taste and unfortunately this was clearly a mismatch.