Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
USD 128
Hotels.comUSD 128
eDreamsUSD 128
PricelineUSD 128
Agoda.comUSD 128
Expedia.comUSD 128
Orbitz.comUSD 128
All reviews continental breakfast one night lovely stream enjoyed our stay bagels busy road bit dated lounge area outdoor pool other guests manchester center chipmunks grounds motel fireplace refrigerator dorset
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2020

I traveled to Manchester, VT after Labor Day, during the COVID-19 pandemic, so I expected things to be different. I was a bit surprised to find that I was the only person in the entire hotel. Honestly, it was nice. I came up to VT to hike, and I just needed a place to stay. Given the pandemic, I didn't want a lot of social interaction, so the lack of other guests was a plus. The lack of a continental breakfast due to COVID-19 restrictions was a surprise, but I adapted (I'm not a big breakfast person, anyway).

I reserved a king-sized bedroom, and my only issue was that the shower in the bathtub had poor water flow. The stopper on the faucet didn't work correctly, causing water to pour out of the faucet, restricting the flow from the shower head. I was glad to have a shower after long days of hiking, and it got the job done, even if it took longer. Aside from that, I had no other issues. The room was clean, it had basic amenities, and the bed was as comfortable as expected, given the price range. If you're used to a firm pillow, I would recommend bringing your own, I'm glad I did. Also, keep in mind the mini-fridge takes at least 6 hours to cool down your beverages, so your best bet is to leave them in there overnight.

Due to the pandemic, there was no maid service, so I didn't interact with staff aside from checking in. The location was nice, very close to all my destinations. If I return to Manchester for hiking in the future, I would very likely return to Toll Road Inn!

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 27 August 2020

My husband and I took a 1-night getaway (without our kids) and we chose this motel. Earlier in the week, I used the inn's website to book a room. I was surprised to find we were only 1 of 2 vehicles in the parking lot that night (Saturday night in August). The room was very clean and well-maintained. Our room had a coffee-maker, refrigerator, soap/shampoo/lotion, free wi-fi, and a large selection of cable/dish channels on the TV. After an afternoon of hiking I was thrilled to go swimming in the nice, large, outdoor pool. My husband and I were the only ones there. There's a deep end and I was able to dive (haven't been able to do that in years!). The view from the room to the back of the property was gorgeous. My husband sat in an Adirondack chair down by the creek while enjoying an adult beverage. The gardens and grounds are very pretty and well-maintained. The adherence to social distancing/mask wearing was adequate. I felt 100% safe. The location was in walking distance to 4 open restaurants, but we chose to drive into Manchester Center and patronize a sports bar for dinner. I would definitely recommend this motel.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 26 October 2019

This hotel is placed beside a busy road, but the backside faces a beautiful garden with a stream and woods in the background. A very nice place to relax in the garden furniture.
Location is on the outskirts of Manchester, there are restaurants neaby, and town is just a few minutes in car, but the road is not good for walking - especially not after dark.
Our room was extremely big but old and somewhat outdated. Bathroom was much newer and well maintained (but not big). Room was a bit dark, but had a view to the nice garden.
Internet quality was low.
Breakfast was very limited, we used the very nice and busy diner on the other side of the road.
From the pictures we thought the hotel had a lounge area with a fireplace. In reality this was not open in the evening (lights were off) and there was never fire in the fireplace.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 10 October 2019

We stopped for one night after visiting the retail outlets whilst travelling from Burlington down to Providence.
We were welcomed by the very friendly owner who showed us to our room, explained where everything was in the hotel and advised us on where to eat.
We stayed in room 101 at the end of the corridor. Although a bit dated it was spotlessly clean and huge, and I mean huge! The room had a large window that looked over a lovely garden area with the woods and hills in the background - very picturesque. We even got to watch the chipmunks playing in the garden!
Their were restaurants close by and Manchester with all the eating places only a few minutes by car. (Note there are no footpaths or street lights along the road so not advisable to walk to the restaurants).
Breakfast was a buffet. Not fancy but cereal, oats, toast, good coffee, tea, orange juice and bagels. Plenty and nice.
The only two things that stopped a five star ratings was that the Wifi was not brilliant (I struggled to get a reception although my wife faired better) and our room was rather noisey. There seemed to be a boiler or something near our room that seemed to fire up for 30 seconds or so every 30 minutes. I found it quite annoying although it did not bother my wife (with both these issues I seem to be the common factor, hmmm..)
Overall a very enjoyable stay. Would certainly stay again although I would look to get a different room away from the noise.

Room tip: Avoid room 101. Noise from boiler(?). Otherwise hotel very peaceful
Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 28 September 2019

We had a lot we wanted to do in the area, and only had one night at the Toll Road Inn, but we were happy with our choice. I was a little worried when I checked in because when I booked the room, I was told that the entire amount was being held on my credit card, and upon arrival, I was asked again for my credit card, which she ran through the machine. I thought I might have gotten double-billed, but it does not appear that actually happened. The owner gave us a nice map of the area and pointed out restaurants that were nearby. The inn has an interesting layout, where you can tell that the front desk used to be in the area which is now the breakfast area. Then we walked through a doorway and up a set of stairs to our room. The hotel was very quiet, as was our room on the second floor. The room was huge, and overlooked a lovely stream and a beautiful grassy wooded area behind the property...extremely relaxing! The bathroom was large and well-appointed. The bed did not seem like it would be comfortable at first, but I had one of my best nights of sleep that night...could have been exhaustion or the bed, I'm not sure, but does it really matter? I think not. We attended a meeting at the Bill W house in Dorset just a few miles away, explored Manchester Center a little, and got takeout food from Manchester House of Pizza, where we sampled pizza, pasta, and ice cream. The next morning we set out on an adventure to get Vermont's oldest geocache which is just up the hill from the Toll Road Inn, so we did not get a chance to eat any breakfast there at the hotel, but it was still nice that it was offered. We loved the fact that most of the inns and motels in the area are still locally owned and operated, as that is definitely not the case where we live, where almost all hotels have been swallowed up by corporate giants. The Toll Road is not modern or trendy, but it is sparking clean, spacious, affordable, and unique. We enjoyed our stay a great deal.

Date of stay: September 2019