Palmer House
Weathervane Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
USD 139*
USD 132*
Four Winds Country Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
USD 98*
Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
USD 166*
USD 161*
Hampton.com
The INN at Willow Pond(Manchester)(Great Value!)
USD 228*
Manchester View(Manchester)(Great Value!)
USD 109*
Kimpton Taconic Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
USD 216*
USD 186*
Kimpton
The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa(Manchester)(Great Value!)
USD 232*
Wilburton Inn(Manchester)(Great Value!)
USD 177*
The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant(Manchester)(Great Value!)
USD 205*
Olympia Lodge(Manchester)(Great Value!)
USD 121*
Orbitz.com
All reviewstennis courtshole golf coursecontinental breakfasttrout pondye olde tavernindoor pooltwo sinkswalking distancebeautiful groundscoffee cakeclose to townking suitebagelsliving roomfull kitchenroom was largehot tub
Reviewed 1 September 2010

My wife and I have stayed at the Palmer House twice in the past three years. Both times we left with the same sense of comfort. The Palmer House is a true sanctuary nestled in the Green Mountains of Vermont. I use the word sanctuary as it is most fitting when describing the safe and tranquil feeling one is faced with a few moments after arriving. The property and grounds are immaculate and when talking to the staff you can tell it is a true labor of love. If you need to escape the pressures of life, the Palmer House is your destination. Its fresh mountain air, panoramic views and close proximity to fine food and historical adventure will fulfill the needs of the most romantic of souls.

Reviewed 30 August 2010

We just spent two nights at the Palmer House in a 2 bedroom suite. The room was an eclectic mix of furniture in good condition although somewhat odd. For example, there was an ornamental wood stove in one corner of the living room that was filled with bags of grout or cement. Not sure of its purpose. The kitchen and bathrooms were fine although not updated. Oddly, the kitchen had a nonworking stove and oven and no dishes, utensils, or cooking items were supplied. When I went down to the breakfast in the morning, which we were told was included in our room rate, just to get coffee and three paper bowls and three plastic spoons, an older woman who I believe is an owner said to me,"You're taking all of that?" I explained that we were staying in the suite upstairs and since there were no plates or utensils, I needed to get things to prepare the oatmeal and dry cereal we had brought in. When I said it was unusual that we had a full kitchen with no equipment, I was told that there is no cooking on the premises allowed. OK, but what about using the microwave that comes in the kitchen? The other issue we had was that the small fitness center does not open until 9:00 am because it was explained that the owner likes to work out in the early morning. It sort of felt like we were lucky to be able to stay there for $270.00 per night at the convenience of the owner. This is certainly not a place catering to the needs of the customer unless it fits in with the needs of the owner. Just sort of odd, in my experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Palmer House in August of 2009 and were very pleased with our room (see my review posted February, 2010). The group of rooms we stayed in had been recently updated and were immaculate. We were happy to return again this year, confident we would have another enjoyable stay. This experience has been very disappointing. We are staying in another section of the motel that has not been updated. The room is still very clean but: the refrigerator is smaller, the room lacks a desk, the decor is older, wallpaper is dingy, the wireless internet signal is poor (I have to stand near the door with my laptop as I type this review to get a good signal), and the water was luke warm in the shower this morning. We are not getting the same value as when we stayed in the more updated section. There is a very high population of cigarette smokers in the rooms and they can sit right outside their front door and smoke away. You can't help but have the smoke odor get into your room when you exit or enter the room. Non smokers can't sit outside their room in the porch area because the smokers are ALWAYS OUT THERE PUFFING AWAY. This wasn't a problem in our room last year because the parking was in the back of the rooms. Each room has a rear and front entrance and last year we entered our room from the parking area via the rear entrance. If you are a non smoker, either upgrade to the suites or specify rooms numbered 24 or higher. This is not a cheap motel by any means and the owners need to complete the updating of the guest rooms.

Reviewed 22 August 2010

It is so seldom that the stars are perfectly aligned but we hit the jackpot! The Palmer House is the perfect place for a romantic retreat.....the rooms are most tastefully decorated with attention to detail....there is an indoor and out door pool, tennis courts and a diabolical three par golf course around the property. The Olde Tavern restaurant on the property is excellent and all the staff is pleasant and most accommodating. A real winner!

Reviewed 29 July 2010

We stayed in a suite overlooking the pond. The view of the mountains from your private deck is spectacular. The Palmer House is conveniently located to restaurants and shopping. The grounds are well manicured and the rooms are immaculate. Staff, from front desk to housekeeping were friendly and extremely helpful. You can lounge by the pool, play golf or tennis or just relax with a good book and enjoy the view. Great find.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple