“Not Bad but not great”

Ludlow Colonial Motel
Ludlow Colonial Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ludlow
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Two nights in Ludlow, two motels. Both the cheapest places I could find at the last minute. The Colonial was $129.00 (inc tax) I wouldn't call it luxurious but for a cheap place?? It was OK. Please recognize this is in the category of cheap places to stay. If I were comparing it to the 4 Seasons it might a 1. It's 3 because I have stayed at some worse and some better cheap motels. The other motel I tried this weekend was the Happy Trails. The Colonial was cleaner and better maintained, but I don't think it was worth twice the price. Location obviously counted. From the Colonial you can walk to the restaurants. The Happy Trails required a car. My chief complaint was that it's and old wood frame building that has loosened up over the years. The downstairs bedrooms picked up every sound being generated upstairs. Would I stay there again? Sure, but they are at a pretty competitive price point and I might be willing to try someplace else first. Yelp has it listed as a Best Western. I didn't see any sign that they are and I would be surprised if Best Western would accept this level of polish

Room Tip: Choose an upstairs room
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 August 2016

No breakfast as advertised. I woke up to no hot water. As it was 6am, there was no one to call. When I complained about no hot water, hotel staff did not believe me. I followed to maintenance guy to the boiler which had tripped off the night before. There was no apology or reduction in rate. Older property. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank mdjkiln
Reviewed 1 August 2016

We stayed here with some friends during the motorcycle rally this past weekend. I was pleasantly surprised with our accommodations and we all agree that we would definitely plan a return trip. What really made our stay outstanding was the graciousness and hospitality of Rob & Tonya Fales. This couple maintains the facility and went over and above to ensure our stay was memorable. They had a fabulous bonfire every evening, set up a wash station for our bikes, and even brought us up to the top of the mountain for a bonus 360 degree amazing view of the area. They certainly went out of their way to make sure we were all happy and content. What a great family, even their daughters made homemade muffins for our breakfast. We are already planning a fall hiking trip with our kids. Thanks so much Rob & Tonya.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

We where here for 3 nights for a motorcycle rally. This was mot the host hotel. But it served the purpose. Room was clean, plenty of towels. Bathroom older but clean. House keeping very friendly. Front desk friendly as well. Breakfast was your usual, cereal. Waffles. Yougart, toast and muffins. Juice, coffee etc. Only draw back is, office did not open until 8am, and the same for breakfast. You do have a Dunkin Donuts and Cumberland Farms in walking distance. We will stay here again. Also very clean pool.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2016

Just stayed here while skiing. Room was clean and a good size for twin queen beds. Bathroom was clean as were the towels and linens. The room was booked through Bookings.com which was well priced, and at the time included breakfast. Well, when I checked in I was informed breakfast was not included after March 15....hence the discount. I called Bookings and they confirmed breakfast was included but the owner neglected to inform them and or change the add. I was told to save receipts for breakfast expenses and they would try to get me reimbursed. I will be surprised if that happens. A good hotel manager should have offered us something, or even a discount for another stay. Additionally, there was no binder as told for information for t.v. channels, so that took a while to figure out. Also, wifi was terrible, but did not need to rely on it. Without the above issues I might have added another star, but for now will leave it as average. I might consider staying here again...depending on how things work out.

Room Tip: Double check that breakfast is or isn't included, and do not rely on the wifi.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludlow
3.4 km away
15.2 km away
Motel in the Meadow
Motel in the Meadow
#1 of 1 in Chester

Been to Ludlow Colonial Motel? Share your experiences!