All reviewsski liftcondofireplaceskiinggoreaccommodationsvermont
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

very nice area. my favorite ski area in the us and northeast. a bit pricey but it is very nice well groomed and well cared for.
the food and seating and entertainment is by far acceptable. we are already planning on attending next year same time.
thanx.

if you like the review give a thumbs up. plz

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Stay at the Mountain Lodge at the base of the mountain
Accommodations average. Condo clean except for empty plastic bottle under bed
Master bedroom had king but mattress uncomfortable, pillows very firm
Fireplace smoked at first, adjusted damper few times
Parking is ok but had to park in lot farther away than desirable as there was ice. Parking lot dark with a few lights out so a little sketchy coming back to condo at night
Otherwise, good location
Got condo for $230 w tx. Would not pay more unless sharing

There is access to pool and gym but these are located at Gore Mtn so we're not convenient for us
Perk is that you can leave car in lot through the next day if needed
Did not use tv so can't comment.
Wifi was good

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Just a quick stop over on our travels through Vermont. The staff were outstanding, so welcoming and friendly upon our arrival and checkin. I went for an early morning swim at the pool and the staff there were equally as nice. We were a little disappointed that the ski lift and log ride had closed the previous weekend but that was bad checking on our account. We travelled to Stowe and went on the gondola ride up to the top of the mountain which was great. The chap at checkout was also very friendly and gave us some good tips for our onward travels. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Complacency and ignorance from management. As you will read of others experiences here, this resort is like going to a nice dinner and buying a crappy bottle of wine. Whoever built the resort was thoughtful about the quality of the grounds, and then made a huge mistake in hiring inexperienced customer service individuals with seemingly no education in hospitality. If they did have an education, they either don't care or they should ask for their money back.

My wife and I found $130 in an unmarked envelope outside of our hotel room, we went downstairs to inform the staff, as there was a wedding occurring that night and we figured someone had dropped it on their way to the event. We decided to inform the hotel and ask that they call us directly if anyone came to claim it so we could ensure the money was returned to it's rightful owner (keep in mind if we wanted to keep it we would not have gone downstairs to tell anyone about it). Instead of being met with a thank you from the concierge, Elizabeth, who I think eats kittens and puppies for breakfast. She went on to make us feel horrible about not handing the money over to her, and went on to say "well they are our guest and it is probably payment for one of "our" vendors (forgive me Elizabeth if we don't trust you, your response is exactly why we did not want to leave it with you). We were treated like thieves instead of concerned guests who wanted to help someone have a better day and experience at "your" hotel. We were not treated as "your" guests. After shaking her head in disgust she agreed to our terms and took our room number and telephone number.

In only a few minutes we received a call in our room from a man named Ross. On the call the man said to me, "Hi, I think you found "my" envelope with money in it". When we went down to return the money to the owner, we approached a man at the front desk. I asked, "are you Ross", the man said no, only to be interrupted by someone from the hotel saying, oh "I'm Ross"...Ross, the night manager proceeded to explain a shaky story about how one of the bridesmaids dropped the envelope and he would return it to her, at this point my wife and I wanted to just get back to our vacation so we handed over the money. I told Ross about how we were treated moments earlier by one of his staff, to which he responded "I can't speak for their behavior I wasn't there", but he was sure to let us know "we did the right thing"...thanks Ross, you're a hell of a guy.

Other than the awesome front desk services, our toilet seat was broken which was really pleasant because every time you sat down it pinched your skin and we were pleasantly surprised to come back to you room to find "fresh" towels that had black stains all over them like they were dropped in the dirt. It was an awesome trip!!!!....

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mcz10
Reviewed 16 February 2017

We spent 1 night in room 302B (B building) and I'm glad I didn't vacation here. Pros: Proximity to the Clock Tower base area if that is where you want to be. Fireplace in unit, decent dishes/supplies, desk staff was enthusiastic and tried to be accomodating. Cons: No elevator AND ski locker also next to your unit door, so if you are on the 3rd floor that means lugging skis up every day, strange poorly designed meandering stairs up to the 3rd floor, poor signage, dated condo with beat up walls, poorly lit drop-off and parking areas, no maintenance of decks that are full of snow and unusable in winter. Overall the the building comes across as "circa 1988 beat up". We didn't have time to use the pool or spa.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family