“In the center of all the action”

Rendezvous Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Lowell B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 February 2017

That is, if the action you seek involves the Catamount Trail and loads of X-C skiing, along with a cozy place to return to in the evening! Lowell itself isn't much, but there's easy access and it's central to all the Northeast Kingdom. Our room was comfortable, and the breakfasts were quite special, as were our hosts - we'd definitely return again to the winter haven of the Northeast Kingdom!

Room Tip: there are only three, none of them bad
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 November 2016

The Rendezvous in Lowell -- a truly wonderful B&B!

Time for a big blast of well-deserved kudos: I got the FULL VER-MONTE when I stayed three nights -- November 15/16/17 -- at Rendezvous Bed and Breakfast in tiny Lowell, Vermont.

A needed to get away and spend some quality time working on my second book, so I figured a small-town B&B -- ideally somewhere in Vermont -- would offer me the best environment for the warmth, comfort, and serenity I needed.

Rendezvous Bread and Breakfast in the village of Lowell, Vermont, was just what the doctor -- and the hungry author in me -- ordered!

My room -- the "Apple Blossom Room" -- was a living, breathing Hallmark Card: squeaky clean, beautifully appointed, exceptionally well-designed, and more comfortable than a Christmas stocking! It featured a gorgeous, WICKED COMFORTABLE bed, a small but brilliantly designed bathroom with shower, and the all-important WI-FI access that was an essential part of my stay.

I had all the privacy I needed as a writer, and yet full, 24-hour access to the downstairs, turn-of-the-century dining and living rooms where I was able to stretch out, lounge around, and perform the work I came to Vermont to do. Of course, I had WI-FI access downstairs, too.

The breakfasts? SPECTACULAR! Every day I was served a marvelous, authentically "Vermont" breakfast -- generous portions, artfully displayed -- with a different but equally delicious menu each morning.

You'll love Donna and Rod, the proprietors! Being with them was just like being with family. I couldn't have created a fictional husband and wife team that even began to match their warmth, caring, and expertise as a B&B owners. They were thoughtful. They were attentive to my needs. They were funny! And they were overflowing with localisms and touching stories of their lives in Vermont.

And all of this for a remarkably reasonable nightly cost!

Skip the slick, over-priced, inauthentic motels or hotels and stay at the REAL DEAL --
Rendezvous Bed and Breakfast, where you'll get no pretentious nonsense, only two fine owners and a whole lot of Vermont-style coddling!

Ross Bachelder,
Berwick, Maine

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 November 2016

So, we spent this past weekend in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont at the Rendezvous B&B. While it was small in terms of the number of rooms, it was also quiet, clean, comfortable, homey and the price was surely reasonable. The breakfasts were great and Donna and Rod were great hosts. If you've never been to this part of New England, Vermont or the country, we highly recommend it for a long weekend during the summer, fall or winter. If you are a skier, Jay Peak is near by, Canada is not far up the road and it's little more than an hour to Burlington and Lake Champlain. Breweries, wineries, woolen mill, working farms and great beauty are found near and far. We highly recommend the Rendezvous B&B. The next time you are in northern Vermont, give it a try.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We had a very pleasant one night stay with Donna and Rod. The room was very comfortable, especially the bed, very well kept. Had a great breakfast, some of which came from their own garden, and good conversation with them both, Donna grew up in and is very knowledgeable about the area. All in all, a very pleasant stay, would definitley stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2016

I had a wonderful experience at this B&B. Donna was a delight and chatted with me when I first arrived and gave me insight into the local restaurants/stores nearby. I met Rod in the am and he was so nice! Lolly the pup was soooo cute too. :)
Such a beautiful place and fabulous hosts. I look forward to staying there again next year. The room was perfect and happily met my expectations.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowell
15.9 km away
La Chouette De Mansonville
#1 of 2 in Mansonville
27 km away
Chapelle Ste Agnes Vineyard

Been to Rendezvous Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!