“Unbelievably bad”

Capriccio Ristorante at Killington
Ranked #38 of 48 Restaurants in Killington
Reviewed 29 February 2016

We were excited to go to one of Killington's newest restaurants. Even more so when we saw the selections on the menu. Then we ordered drinks. They came back with two of the glasses showing lipstick marks. We sent them back. when they arrived again it was apparent that the bartender had only wiped the rim leaving a dirty smug around all of the rim. We sent them back. while waiting for them to return we inspected the wine glasses the also had lip marks and smudges. Thinking the the glasses were never washed and considering this level of hygiene might extend to the kitchen, we left. On the way out we told the bartender why we were leaving and was rewarded with a smirk.

3  Thank Peter B

Reviewed 29 February 2016

Health Dept needs to come to the rescue! We went to this restaurant on Saturday based on a recommendation. Friends ordered two martinis and the rims of the glasses were disgusting with several lipstick pattern residue. Informed the waitress who took the drinks back but it was very obvious that all the bartender did was attempt to wipe all the lipstick off with a rag leaving now a circular line of grime. I then picked up my wine glass and gagged. It was greasy, horribly spotted and smudged, same with my husband's glass. At that point we were all thinking food poisoning... Usually you will see staff at good restaurants constantly inspect their glassware. Not this group, in fact I doubt any of these glasses were even washed considering how much grunge was on them. Never seen anything like it. We left and told them we didn't feel comfortable staying and the bartender just smirked at us.

1  Thank Roscoe888
Reviewed 23 February 2016

Food was good; but the kitchen was pretty slow. It wasn't busy so I'm not sure what the hold up was. Our server was very friendly.

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Decided to try capriccio while in a skiing trip. We approached the host station without a reservation , the host assured us as long as we were willing to be patient we would not be disappointed. We sat down at the table and quickly discovered the zuppa de mussels on the menu. My boyfriend and I love mussels, order them when ever we can, make them at home any way we can get them. We orders two orders , one with sweet marinara and the other fra Diablo style. We ordered seafood vodka sauce and veal shank specials as entrees . The mussels arrived and I tried one and it tasted a little off. I decide to eat other one and realized they tasted and smelled like a zoo. Not everyone in the orders but the majority of them. We quickly alerted the waitress and she said she would let the chef know. At this point we didn't want another order just to let the chef know we thought the mussel were bad . We didn't want to get sick. The waitress said the chef was already making a new order , but said she would take it off the menu. Our entrees arrived , the seafood pasta was alright nothing special , the lobster tail and shrimp were severely over cooked. The veal shank was to be prepared medium rare as the waitress stated when she explained the specials. The veal was well done and rubbery . It was accompanied by mashed potatoes and had zero flavor , and broccoli rabe that was severely over salted. At this point we decide we were done and just wanted to leave . We explained this to our servers and sent the veal back and just asked for a box for the pasta. She said the chef would also take the veal off the check , to which we were appreciative . We were also told the chef wanted to buy us an after dinner drink , which was nice . I declined however my boyfriend had a subpar cocktail. The check arrived the total was 71$. No menu items listed just numbers . We questioned the waitress as to what was what. We were then told they took the veal off which was the -45$ we saw but they had to charger is for both order of mussels . We were originally told they would only charge for one order . Overall horrible experience , waste of $71.00 especially since we were both still hungry . We left and headed to another restaurant . Anyone looking for a nice meal head to the garlic, which was amazing !

1  Thank Maria A
Reviewed 21 February 2016

I almost don't want to share my latest obsession, Capriccio Ristorante, with you all. If I keep it a secret, it's better for me. But the chef/owner is so attentive, I'll let you all in on my secret. Another reviewer dubbed this place "the best meal at Killington" and I completely agree. Delicious. Accommodating to a large crowd. Just an all around amazing place to be. Come here, if you crave good Italian, good company and an all around "group hug" of a good time. I have been choosing it as my "go to" whenever we choose to go out. And we go out a lot. YUM!