“Far from Upsacle”

Sunrise Village Condominiums
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killington
Sunrise Village Condominiums
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I am very disappointed in our stay at the Sunrise Northstar B Unit 1. We were so excited to stay in Vermont as this was our first time; we took up our children and grandchildren to what was advertised as an upscale or high end ski lodge. The best thing about the lodge was the location that was close to many actives at the ski resort the price of $700.00 per night was not really cheap and we expected a place that was not so run down. When we arrived we found a screen door that leads to the porch off the track and it had many holes in it letting in many bugs. We had our granddaughter with us so we had to keep the large patio doors closed for fear of mosquito and ticks bites.

In addition, a 5 star lodge should at least have some kind of furniture on the deck to sit on even though the lower level had no view except a large over grown tree that should have been cut back a little to see the mountain but not done. I am not sure the last time this unit was rented but when we opened the door all you could smell was must and damp ness. My daughter went to read a book in the reading nook to find pillows with water stains and the walls pealing from water damage all around the window frame again musty moldy smells. My son who is 15 years old went to sleep in the room with the twin beds to find a nest of spiders everywhere and one of the beds smelled like pee so he ended up sleeping on the couch upstairs. Some things that should be mentioned before people rent this space in the summer is that there is no air condition, the indoor pool area that you advertise with the unit closes at 5 so don't plan on swimming with your family your family any time after activities, the large outdoor hot tub that we wanted to use was closed and locked up our entire stay there so no sure why you show that in the photos since renters this weekend had no access to that area.

Here is the icing on the cake when we arrived Friday night we ate dinner and had some family time , when my son went to take a shower at 11:00 pm after a long ride up to Vermont he was met with nothing but ice water in the shower. We called maintenance in the morning. Frank was responsive and tried to help us as much as he can but he was not able to fix it so my husband stayed back all of Saturday while we went out without him so he could wait for a plumber who also could not fix it right away because it was a mother board of some kind on the hot water tank. The plumber came back again it was about 9:45 pm on Saturday night before we got hot water. I mean this place needs some maintenance and up keep. I could have stayed at the Grand Resort of 170.00 per night and enjoyed an open pool, hot water and beautiful views instead I got suckered into this old musty broke down lodge. I have still have not heard from management about any kind of resolution about my two night stay with no hot water other than an email saying sorry. far cry from a 5 star guys far far cry. Oh I almost forgot you might want to change the light builds at the top of the outdoor stair case going down to the unit as they do not work and I almost broke my neck going down the stairs with no lighting. I guess that could have made my visit worse.

Room Tip: Look around and read the reviews
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Erica S

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Condo located at West Glade K6 was more than comfortable. Stayed with 5 adults and room for all. Only thing missing was a canopener. Skiing could have been better but you can't mess with mother nature. Mtn did its best to groom and make snow. Would recommend.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jocelyn G
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Thank goodness we only used this as a place to lay our heads down. For being such a vacation destination, especially in the winter, we were shocked at the ic conditions. Condo was very dated, it was more like a cabin then condo. Shower hung off wall, you had to hold it in your hand if you wanted to use it. We asked for a different condo but were told they were full, didn't look it when we drive around. We were charged an fee, however no one could tell us why or what the activity might be. Very disappointed !

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2016

First, the good: the location of this rental property is superb. It's adjacent (within seconds) to the slopes and is truly ski-in ski-out (although it's several chair lifts from Killington Peak). I stayed East Glades B-3. The condo itself is badly in need of updating. Also, condo as advertised was misleading. For example, the condo can "sleep 8" but cannot live 8 or store luggage for 8. There was too much furniture and very limited storage space. The appliances all needed updating and the kitchenware was not suitable for cooking healthy. Overall, I would not recommend this specific unit for any length of stay. But, the location really is great so if that's your primary desire then this property overall is for you.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2016

Stayed in a 3 bedroom 3 bath unit Jan-3-8 2016.
Nice, modern unit in good condition, featuring provate sauna and 2 jacuzzi-s.

These units are supposed to be ski-in ski out, but the Sunrise triple was not running
because of poor snow conditions. OK.... However, there was no shuttle available from Sunrise village. (The fine print in the contract said so, as it turned out).
After complaining, we were offered a courtesy ride for our first day, and another condo in a different village (High Ridge) which did have shuttle service.
We took them up on the offer, and spent an afternoon moving out, and
moving in. High Ridge is a bit older and more run-down than Sunrise, but the other condo was more or less comparable.

I have been told that sometimes they run the shuttle out to Sunrise, sometimes not. I suspect in this case there were just not enough occupancy.

In any case, I felt they dropped the ball on this, and they did not really offer a solution until I complained. The first offer was "Sorry, this is just the way it is".

I recommend to verify snow conditions, and the existence of shuttle service from
Sunrise, if you stay there. It pretty far away from K1, so it is a bit of a pain to get to.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family