See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were here for 2 nights late in the ski season and unfortunately the Sunrise lift was closed due to icing for both days we skied. so we ended up taking the free shuttle from the base of the lift to the Snowden base area. We assume each unit is different as they are individually owned, but we were in unit 206 of the Cambridge building, and it was very clean and well equipped. We booked through the Killington website, and everything went smoothly except for check-in. We received conflicting instructions and first went to Snowden Base to check-in. That was closed even though it was early in the evening, and we had to go to the Grand Hotel instead.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I had wanted to rent a ski-in ski-out 10 person condo for a weekend and found Wise Vacations had one listed. I called them and the rep got the dates wrong, which they fixed. They never called me back when I had a question about the second payment on the rental but instead called me back that the condo I rented was no longer listed with them! They offered me some other options and when I selected one they told me, whoops, that's been rented already! After a very annoying exchange of phone calls and delays, we were stuck with a smaller condo at Sunrise, which worked out okay (more on that later) because 2 people couldn't join us. NOW about a month later, I saw that SAME 10 person condo I had wanted, Timberline G-3, is miraculously listed on their website again. Sadly, this may be another example of shoddy customer service to those visiting the area to ski Killington. Also, their map was terrible. I'd give TPW/Wise a 0-1 star and the condo a 4.
As for the condo, it was comfortable with a washer/dryer and a very small but functional kitchen. It had a coffee maker and some pots and pans. We used the pool which was a car ride away. Ski-in ski-out was a nice feature and I would go to Sunrise again but NOT through TWP or Wise.

Date of stay: February 2013
4  Thank chalkymacoma
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We've been going to Killington for family ski vacations for over a decade and have stayed in the Sunrise Village condos every time. As another reviewer mentioned, the condos are individually owned, so the quality can vary quite a bit. Most are a bit worn and dated, but they are always clean and usually the kitchens are pretty well stocked. We go to Killington to ski, so we don't mind the dated decor since it is the only true ski-in, ski-out property. We generally go in February, so the lift has never been closed for us.

Room tip: When you check-in ask for a "trail-side" condo. It can't hurt to ask.
Date of stay: February 2012
5  Thank Eileen G
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We really enjoyed the lodge. Very close from the trail. Very clean and quiet. You must take linens and towels because they don't provide that. Also I would really recommend for you to take some bounty towels and toilet paper. They did have some toilet paper when we got there, but apparently, they don't provide. Bring soaps as well. Also take some detergent because they have washer and dryer. Also, they had some movies there, so you might want to bring some DVDs. You must clean everything before you leave, but other than that, it was great!

Things that we liked, was the Sunrise Cafe, indoor pool, Jacuzzi and outside hot tub. Also the shuttle bus that takes you to the bear mountain and snowshed. This shuttle runs every 30 mins...

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Lutty82
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed here the week before Christmas 2011. We chose Sunrise because of the ski in and out feature, but due to the lack of snow the lift and trails were not open, nor was Bear Mountain, so we had to drive the 15 minutes to the K1 area. Apparently this is pretty common in December. I would book this property again, but only in March to make sure we can take advantage of the ski in/out.

Each condo is privately owned, so I guess you kind of take your chances with what you get. We had a two bedroom, three bathroom condo with a full kitchen, living room, games room and two extra sitting and tv areas. There is full cable television (a treat for our kids since we don't have cable) and DVD player. We were disappointed that there was no WIFI available in the condo, but we were there to ski anyway. The condo is set up well for skiers with lots of room for ski clothes, gear, skis and snowboards.

Our condo's furniture was well-worn but clean and functional, lots of blankets, comfy beds and a well-stocked (if out of date) kitchen. Lots of pictures of the homeowners all over the walls, which was sort of interesting. There was a new dishwasher in our bedroom closet. Would have been better installed in the kitchen, but the one that was there worked.

The community center is great - especially the outdoor hot tub, indoor hot tub and indoor pool. It's a bit of a drive, though and you have to bring your own towels, which would have been nice to know before we got there and changed into our suits!

Snow removal is very prompt. Towels were replaced every day. We also really appreciated having a washer and dryer in the condo and used it to dry our ski clothes.

Room tip: we were in Timberline K3 which was a bit away from the lift. I'd get something closer to the community centre for true ski in and out.
Date of stay: December 2011