Lowest prices for your stay
USD 220
Agoda.com
USD 220
Official Hotel
USD 211
eDreamsUSD 220
PricelineUSD 220
Snaptravel
All reviews tennis courts outdoor fire pit common room nearby activities wedding venue christmas tree beautiful fall included breakfast manchester outlets general store comfortable king large bathroom sized bed eggs benedict great weekend stayed two nights southern vermont
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

We spent one night in the main building at the Inn, the room was modern with a nice nod to its history. The issue was the restaurant. We were there as a group of 14 for a family event. Every person was highly disappointed with the food. They had run out of most of the specials. We went to the Dorset Inn for breakfast the next morning and I had the best breakfast I’ve ever had (corned beef hash). The rest of my family also dined there Friday night and spoke of how much better the restaurant was at the Dorset. If I split the reviews I’d give the Barrows Inn 4 stars and the restaurant half a star.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Joe P
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I will get right down to it. There is a colon area that you will share with others. It was nice though. There was a fireplace and we met some nice people! The room walls are paper thin. We were in a downstairs room and every single move that the upstairs people made would wake you. I think I slept 4 hours, ugh!! The dinner here was good, not great for the price though. Next time up here we would go into a restaurant in Manchester. Also free breakfast at Dorset Inn when you stay here. It took a waitress 20 min to take our order after we asked if someone would help us! They acted like we didn’t exist. It was so odd! Walking right past us like 10 times! The food was amazing though. Service not so much! Overall, I think we would not stay here again as there are so many other options that are nice and quite with good service.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2017

My wife and I stayed this past weekend, and the place was great! Very friendly and accommodating front desk staff. We let them know the room was a little hot, they supplied us with a fan right away. The next morning, they again asked us about the heat, which was fine overnight, as the temps outside dropped, but they still upgraded us to a bigger room. We loved the fire pit, spent every night there, and the while sitting there, the bar staff was very helpful in supplying us with blankets, and help with drinks. We ate at the restaurant one night for dinner, we had burgers that were delicious, and our waitress was very sweet. We will definitely be back

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We checked in to Barrows House on 10/31 for four nights on a business/pleasure trip. We have never traveled to Vermont and we loved it! We had a room in the main house and it was so comfortable and cozy. The staff was amazing and very helpful. We had drinks at the bar every evening and had dinner one night. Bartenders were great, food was great,and being able to sit on the front porch and watch all of the local kids come in the lobby trick or treating was great! Highly recommend staying at Barrows House.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2017

My husband and I checked into the Barrows House last week on a cold, raining evening. The weather had recently changed and we were looking forward to the warm, cozy Inn I had envisioned. Unfortunately, when we arrived, the boiler had not been started so none of the radiators worked. The manager was not aware that none of the bedrooms in the main building had heat. When we got to our room, it was very chilly. It would have been so nice if a fire had been lit in the fireplace, and the rooms checked for heat prior to our arrival.
The Barrows House is a lovely old inn, but instead of antique furnishings it is decorated in more of an updated "pottery barn" style. Once again, I guess I expected something else... something more like the Dorset Inn down the street. We were served breakfast there and remarked on the warmth, charm, lit fireplaces, and lovely furnishings. To each his own. Next time we will stay at The Dorset Inn.
One more note: The restaurant at The Barrows House is excellent. It was warm, our server friendly, and the food delicious. This was probably the best dinner we had on our trip.

Date of stay: October 2017
Dorsetinnkeeper, Manager at Barrows House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review. I apologize for your less than positive experience. The heat had worked that morning, but a fan broke and caused the boiler to shut itself off periodically. Fires and boiler are now on for the winter season!

Barrows House has a more modern, clean palette for its interior spaces. Some people prefer us and others The Dorset Inn. We are glad to have you stay with us at either.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed dinner and the service associated.

Please give me a call if you would like to discuss further. We would love to give you an opportunity to give us another chance.

Colleen