All reviewshigh teaalbert roomwalking tourprincess alicebed and breakfastfree rangenew englandhot tubcookiesfeel right at homewonderful hostssouthern vermontb bsfront porchliving roomperfect weekendboth mornings
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Let me begin this review by stating that I have never been a big fan of Inn's. I always felt I was a stranger in a friend of a friend's home with hosts that were awkwardly friendly and rooms that seemed like they were lived in by someone else.

At Inn Victoria the hosts are wonderful. Welcoming without being overbearing or invasive. They seem to know just what you need before you do.

I stayed at this inn for one night and it was the most comfortable nights sleep I've had in ages. When you come in the front door you are welcomed by a dozen pairs of winter shoes-as there is no shoes inside the inn during the winter months-and a welcoming sitting room on your left. Straight ahead is a double dining room and a staircase to your right. Our room was at the top of the staircase on the right hand side. The Princess Alice room was indeed fit for a princess. A King bed, fireplace, gigantic bathroom with tub and shower. It was everything you could need for a relaxing evening.

There is a wine selection downstairs to choose from just simply replace the bottle with a similar grade wine. Baked goods available around the clock for snacking and a wonderful creative homemade breakfast. As wonderful as all of this sounds the best part about this place is-THE SHEETS! They are the most delicious material I have ever felt in my life!

This inn is a destination in itself. A pub a few doors down, an organic sandwich shop next door and Okemo a mountain a short drive away. A must stay if you are looking for an authentic New England experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Eurotripper, thank you for your note today. Your posting represents our 300th "Excellent" posting!

Reviewed 16 January 2012

My husband and I just spent a long weekend here and returned home relaxed and rejuvenated. Beautiful Quaint Location, Room with Fireplace was Awesome! Nice large bathroom in room too. Inn Keepers Penny & Dan were So friendly and Hospitable, Yummy Homemade Breakfasts and Baked Treats Available at all times! Perfect place to Relax and feel at home away from home! Would recommend and will definetly return.

Room Tip: Prince Albert Room was spacious, had it's own sizeable bathroom and gas fireplace in Room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Chrissybo, thanks for your post today....we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Keep smiling!

Reviewed 18 December 2011

My fiance and I went here for 3 days. It was our little engagement getaway. The place was so friendly, and so relaxing. They did everything in there power to make you feel a part of their family, and it didn't take much. My fiance had gotten a really bad cold and soar throat the day before we left. The whole time we were there, they were all so respectful, and even made him pots of tea with honey and brought it to you on a tray. We had an English Christmas dinner, that was phenomenal. Jess, Penny, and Dan were some of the sweetest people ever. This place is worth every cent you spend.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here 4 days. It was the most relaxing, friendly place we have ever stayed at. Penny, Dan and Jessica were not only very helpful, but very kind to us. The English Christmas dinner was phenomenal. We ate dinner at the Inn Fullerton and the Alice restaurant and both places we're good, but Penny's Christmas dinner beat them both. I highly recommend this place as I will be returning to spend my vacation here.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 13 December 2011

My wife and I had been trying for years to get to the Inn Victoria. Finally made it Dec 2011 and it was so worth the wait! When you enter the Inn you are greeted like family from the owners Dan and Penny, if they are not there then their excellent assistant Jessica is there to greet you to a warm comforting Inn. We went before Christmas so the Inn was decorated amazingly with all the trimmings! The warmth and comfort of the main living room makes you just want to slink into the couch and nap for several hours. I called ahead and ordered some bubbly and chocolate covered strawberries to surprise my wife and all were waiting for us as we entered our room. We stayed in the Princess Helena room which was just amazing! My wife wanted to just take baths the entire weekend in the beautiful tub near the gas stove. The room was huge as well as the recently renovated Bathroom with dual rain soaked shower heads. The 3 course Breakfast was amazing, it was so much food it kept you going just about all day. The Inn Keepers gave us amazing advice whenever we left, offered a heartfelt "Have a great day" as we ventured out. I could go on and on, if planning a B&B trip to Vermont Inn Victoria is a true Gem!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple