“The perfect small wedding”
Review of Inn Victoria

Inn Victoria
Ranked #1 of 9 Chester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 January 2012

After going to the Inn Victoria for a few years in a row to ski, it quickly became one of our favorite vacation spots. The Inn is so warm and inviting. Everything from the friendly hosts to the delicious food is perfect! We have always stayed in the Princess Victoria room and enjoyed every minute of it. It was always neat and clean, spacious and absolutely luxurious. The bathtub and fireplace was always something to look forward to after a day of skiing.
Naturally, we chose the Inn as the location for our wedding reception. Our family and friends stayed at the Inn for a long weekend while we were all completely spoiled by Penny, Dan and Jessica. Not only are they amazing hosts but blew us away with their wedding planning skills. Everything was so special, done exactly the way we like and Penny's cooking was outstanding! Being able to relax at my own wedding was very important to me and was a day I will never forget!
I would highly recommend the Inn Victoria as a place to go to ski, relax or to hold you next small event. Thank you Penny and Dan, we look forward to seeing you soon! - Rob and Taylor

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

WOW....thank you! That was a FUN day! We've had many more intimate weddings and receptions since. The inside of the Alice Closet is full of notes from wedding and engaged couples! Your note remains prominant!
Keep smiling !
Penny, Jess and Dan

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Let me begin this review by stating that I have never been a big fan of Inn's. I always felt I was a stranger in a friend of a friend's home with hosts that were awkwardly friendly and rooms that seemed like they were lived in by someone else.

At Inn Victoria the hosts are wonderful. Welcoming without being overbearing or invasive. They seem to know just what you need before you do.

I stayed at this inn for one night and it was the most comfortable nights sleep I've had in ages. When you come in the front door you are welcomed by a dozen pairs of winter shoes-as there is no shoes inside the inn during the winter months-and a welcoming sitting room on your left. Straight ahead is a double dining room and a staircase to your right. Our room was at the top of the staircase on the right hand side. The Princess Alice room was indeed fit for a princess. A King bed, fireplace, gigantic bathroom with tub and shower. It was everything you could need for a relaxing evening.

There is a wine selection downstairs to choose from just simply replace the bottle with a similar grade wine. Baked goods available around the clock for snacking and a wonderful creative homemade breakfast. As wonderful as all of this sounds the best part about this place is-THE SHEETS! They are the most delicious material I have ever felt in my life!

This inn is a destination in itself. A pub a few doors down, an organic sandwich shop next door and Okemo a mountain a short drive away. A must stay if you are looking for an authentic New England experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Innvic, Owner at Inn Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Eurotripper, thank you for your note today. Your posting represents our 300th "Excellent" posting!

Reviewed 16 January 2012

My husband and I just spent a long weekend here and returned home relaxed and rejuvenated. Beautiful Quaint Location, Room with Fireplace was Awesome! Nice large bathroom in room too. Inn Keepers Penny & Dan were So friendly and Hospitable, Yummy Homemade Breakfasts and Baked Treats Available at all times! Perfect place to Relax and feel at home away from home! Would recommend and will definetly return.

Room Tip: Prince Albert Room was spacious, had it's own sizeable bathroom and gas fireplace in Room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Chrissybo, thanks for your post today....we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Keep smiling!

Reviewed 18 December 2011

My fiance and I went here for 3 days. It was our little engagement getaway. The place was so friendly, and so relaxing. They did everything in there power to make you feel a part of their family, and it didn't take much. My fiance had gotten a really bad cold and soar throat the day before we left. The whole time we were there, they were all so respectful, and even made him pots of tea with honey and brought it to you on a tray. We had an English Christmas dinner, that was phenomenal. Jess, Penny, and Dan were some of the sweetest people ever. This place is worth every cent you spend.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here 4 days. It was the most relaxing, friendly place we have ever stayed at. Penny, Dan and Jessica were not only very helpful, but very kind to us. The English Christmas dinner was phenomenal. We ate dinner at the Inn Fullerton and the Alice restaurant and both places we're good, but Penny's Christmas dinner beat them both. I highly recommend this place as I will be returning to spend my vacation here.

• Stayed: December 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
10.3 km away
17.3 km away
Harvest Barn Inn
Harvest Barn Inn
#1 of 3 in Bellows Falls

Been to Inn Victoria? Share your experiences!