Let me begin this review by stating that I have never been a big fan of Inn's. I always felt I was a stranger in a friend of a friend's home with hosts that were awkwardly friendly and rooms that seemed like they were lived in by someone else.
At Inn Victoria the hosts are wonderful. Welcoming without being overbearing or invasive. They seem to know just what you need before you do.
I stayed at this inn for one night and it was the most comfortable nights sleep I've had in ages. When you come in the front door you are welcomed by a dozen pairs of winter shoes-as there is no shoes inside the inn during the winter months-and a welcoming sitting room on your left. Straight ahead is a double dining room and a staircase to your right. Our room was at the top of the staircase on the right hand side. The Princess Alice room was indeed fit for a princess. A King bed, fireplace, gigantic bathroom with tub and shower. It was everything you could need for a relaxing evening.
There is a wine selection downstairs to choose from just simply replace the bottle with a similar grade wine. Baked goods available around the clock for snacking and a wonderful creative homemade breakfast. As wonderful as all of this sounds the best part about this place is-THE SHEETS! They are the most delicious material I have ever felt in my life!
This inn is a destination in itself. A pub a few doors down, an organic sandwich shop next door and Okemo a mountain a short drive away. A must stay if you are looking for an authentic New England experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Victorian Inn located on the village green in Chester, where you'll find great restaurants and fascinating shops. We have nine romantic guest rooms and suites all with Queen or King bed and furnished with beautiful antiques. Each room has a private bathroom, (some with Jacuzzi or claw-foot tub) with quality toiletries, fluffy towels and guest robes. But best of all is the warm and genuine "Royal" welcome to your "Palace" in Vermont. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au and Priceline so you can book your Inn Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Victoria Hotel Chester
- Inn Victoria Chester, Vermont