Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 September 2015

Set in the gorgeous landscape of rolling Vermont hills, Windswept Acres offers lovely rooms with mind-opening views, in a neighborhood of working farms, together with hospitality that goes the extra mile -- literally in my case, since car problems left me stranded in White River Junction, and Sara did not hesitate to come and get me AND drive me to my next appointment AND take my to retrieve my Saab three days later.
It was equal pleasure to enjoy the house and land when they were at work, and to enjoy some meals with Sara and David. And as if that were not enough, a care package of picture-book apples, chard from the garden, and a Bernie Sanders bumper sticker arrive a few weeks later.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank vputin
Reviewed 30 September 2013

ABsolutly wonderful. Everything you need is right there! So very friendly you just want to stay right there. And there are things to do right there at the house. We had a wedding we were at so we didn't spend much time there but we wanted to!

Room tip: I'm not going to lower the rating I didn't have kids with me and I didn't see a pool but there were lakes.
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 June 2013

You will not be disappointed when you stay at Windswept acres! Doc & Sarah make you feel right at home from the minute they greet you when u pull in the drive. The views are breathtaking and the rooms are comfy!

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jami2610
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I stayed at Windswept Acres and had an incredible time.

The property was a little hard to find, although I must admit I was a bit distracted by the views. While Chelsea, VT it is a short distance from 89 as the crow flies, to get there you drive through a narrow deep valley bound by rushing water, pastoral views and quaint New England towns. I had to turn around at the old country store across the green in Chelsea and back track to the dirt road which is Beacon Hill. Up the steep road, I passed farms, woods and stonewalls along the way.

Windswept Acres Bed & Breakfast, sits off to the righ, just off Windswept Lane. The small farmhouse is set a way back from the road. As I drove up the winding drive, I passed an old Sugar House, large pond with white sandy beach and just beyond the old red barn the horses had come down from the pasture, curious as to who was coming up the drive. Getting out of the car, the sweet VT air filled my nose – the effect was sudden and welcoming.

Dave (aka “Doc) and Sara greeted me into their comfortable home. After settling in, they took me on a tour of the property as Sara fed the horses and Dave showed me where the vegetables had been planted in the garden just beyond the kitchen. The views are breathtaking. http://www.windprod.com/

Bobolinks, warblers, grosbeaks, jays, hummingbirds and the occasional Baltimore oriole enjoyed the various feeders around the property. Get the hosts going and they have tons of amazing stories about feathered and furry visitors to the property (be sure to ask about the osprey!)

After a simple, yet wonderful dinner with food grown locally in the area (although I suspect the fresh berries and watermelon came from parts further south during my early spring visit) we had a relaxing discussion as the fire roared in the room next door.

My room was small, but very clean and comfortable. A door led onto a deck overlooking a rolling pasture beyond.

Not sure if it was the fresh VT air, relaxing evening or the most incredibly comfortable mattress I’ve ever slept on – but I enjoyed a deep sleep!

I was up early the next morning and went for a walk before breakfast. Clouds were low but rising off the fields. I’ve never heard such a variety of songbirds so early in the morning. When I came back, Sara had a breakfast of freshly picked farm eggs, over easy. Not sure what they feed hens in VT, but these were definitely not the store bought variety. Soon after breakfast I was packed and off down the road. I have no doubt I’ll be returning and, when I do, I know it will be like returning to a family homestead of my own.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank AMWert
Reviewed 31 July 2010

You won't forget Windswept Acres: rolling hills, ponds with pedal boats, wildlife, water life, sunshine all around. Peace and quiet--a great getaway. Rooms are cozy, and proprietors are friendly and helpful. Don't miss the Friday night karaoke at the nearby Pines, and in season, the Chelsea Farmers' Market between 3 and 6 on Fridays. A bit of a climb up the hill to Windswept, but once you get there, you're in heaven.

Date of stay: July 2010