“Excellent seafood near the river bank in Burlington”

Bleu Northeast Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Bleu Northeast Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 249 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Bleu, Chef Doug Paine celebrates the connection of Lake Champlain to the sea by sourcing the finest, freshest quality regional seafood. We network with local and regional farmers, purveyors, and fishermen to source our menus. We strive to source seafood raised in sustainable fisheries, and serve simple, yet sophisticated preparations to present the inherently dramatic and delicious.
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Restaurant is located in the Courtyard hotel but is open to all.

Menu heavily features fish and we ordered oysters and the small charcuterie board as appetisers both of which were excellent.

Recommend the fish and chips - two large pieces of white fish. Hotel has a fully stocked bar so restaurant has access to a good selection of wines.

Staff very friendly and do not rush you.

Made a reservation and glad we did as restaurant full, albeit on a Friday, by 19:00.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

We always eat at Bleu when visiting Burlington. The seafood is excellent. This time we tried the Lobster Risotto and it did not disappoint. The decor is beautiful and you are never rushed through your meal.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

We had a delightful server but she led me astray assuring me that the salmon dish was low carb. First, it was overcooked. Second, it was served in a small cassoulet dish which was totally inappropriate and third, the entire base under the dry salmon was all small potatoes! NOT low carb. The swordfish was better, actually was low carb when it wasn't requested and served on a plate that made it easier to eat.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

We had one dinner and two breakfasts at Bleu, all good, with excellent attentive service. The highlight for both of us was the Blue and Greens Salad - yummy! Burgers at dinner also good, though I got medium well instead of the rare I ordered. At breakfast I enjoyed the fried oyster Benedict and the crab cakes with poached eggs. My wife had the steak and eggs both times. All were good.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We had been to Bleu twice before and went there on my wife's birthday last month. She loves seafood and Bleu is unquestionably the best seafood you will get in the Burlington area. We had the Pan-seared Sea Scallops and Pork Belly for an appetizer. We are scallop connoisseurs and these were some of the best scallops we have ever had. Such a delightful combination of flavors and textures (toasted hazelnuts and crispy leeks) to go along with the scallops. For our main entrees, my wife had the Swordfish and I had the Redfish with beet risotto. Both excellent, but could not top the scallops. Do NOT miss the scallops here!