“Our favorite restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

This is the place we go to for date night, couples’ night and celebrations. It doesn’t matter how many times we visit Trattoria Delia the food is always excellent. I have never had a bad dining experience at Trattoria Delia and will continue to visit for all those special times with friends and family.

Leslie W, Owner at Trattoria Delia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Hi MayGee,

Many thanks for your kind review!

Reviewed 17 January 2018

We went to the Trattoria on a Tuesday night in January to escape an extended bout of arctic weather, and were well rewarded for our choice. The restaurant is cozy without being "precious", and the excellent acoustics kept the neighboring conversations at a pleasant background hum. The food and service were both outstanding. Everything we ordered -- salad, calamari, octopus, and gnocci -- was perfectly cooked, and the house bread was delicious. The wine list is dominated by high-quality Italian selections, many of which are in relatively elevated price tier, but our knowledgeable waiter guided us to a bottle from central Italy in the $40 range that turedout to be excellent. They also serve draft beer from the renowned Hill Farmstead brewery. All in all a most enjoyable evening and we will be back.

Dear Guy,

We appreciate the time you took to write such a comprehensive and complimentary review. So happy that we were able to provide a warm haven from the VT weather. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

This is one of the best Italian restaurants in the US! The food is phenomenal! My husband had the amatriciana and I had the pasta special which was house made shells with prosciutto in a white wine and cream sauce. Both were delicious with the house made pasta being outstanding. The decor is cozy and the service is excellent! They also have an extensive wine list. We each had a salad to begin our meal so there was no room for desert although the ones that we saw being brought out looked delicious. The house made Italian bread is superb!

Hi Judy,
What a great review. Thank you for sharing it! We have a new dessert that you must save room for when you come in again. Ask for the "Buffalo." Delizioso!

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

I think this is one of the best Italian restaurants I’ve tried in USA, went there during winter vacation with my wife and we booth love it.

Great service, good choice of wines and great food!

A must in Burlington!

Try their tiramisu! Is good and very big!

Dear ElArtista,

We appreciate your comments! Thank you!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We came here the night before New Year's Eve, hoping for a delicious Italian dinner. Our food was mediocre. Apparently people really like it here though because we got here at 6 and wanted to have an early dinner. We got the last table available until after 9:30 that night! (Make a reservation if you want to dine here!) The menu was small, and being lactose intolerant, I had a hard time finding something to get. I did end up getting a vegetarian pasta dish though.. I believe it was one of my only choices... it was okay. Lacking in flavor and kind of just boring over all. The positive about this restaurant was the atmosphere. That was enough to make me want to come back in the future and try it again.

1  Thank Alexandra_Brook

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. Unfortunately, we served our limited menu on New Year's Eve which did not have our usual lactose-free offerings. We will definitely be more aware of this when we limit our menu for special evenings. I hope to see you soon and hear your thoughts about the full menu choices. I think you'll find some great options.