“What too many places today don't have”
Review of Handy's Lunch

Handy's Lunch
Ranked #14 of 249 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: USD 0 - USD 11
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Hungry? You won't be after you've eaten a Handy's Big Daddy Breakfast (curious? Come on in to try one!) Or our famous Texas Chili dogs with a side of fries and an ice cold Coke. At Handy's, we make it our mission to not only fill you up with delicious food but to also make you part of our family...Sixty years strong and still growing! Food for thought (no pun intended),we were voted "Best Place to Meet a Stranger" by Seven Days.....So whether you choose to dine alone or with a group, we always have a seat waiting for you at Handy's. P.S. UVM also lists Handy's Lunch as one of their Top 25 Things to Do Before you Graduate...Not that we're saying you haven't graduated yet........Alums also welcome!
Reviewed 9 October 2018

The fam and I were in Burlington for the weekend and sought this place out for breakfast. Love the neighborhood setting, the folks were great and extremely friendly, and the food was excellent. I had two eggs, corned beef hash, homies, and toast...all outstanding. The fam also had an omelette and pancakes, which were all great as well. The owners knew the people coming in, talked to them about their families, and treated us like family as well. Really loved this place, exactly the personal touch and family cooking you can't find most places any more. Here's to another 70+ years of Handy's!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 11 August 2018

The owner, Earl (and his family) are proud custodians of this long-time treasure. Enter as a customer and leave as a friend. Sit at the horseshoe shaped lunch counter, sit elbow to elbow and enjoy the company of the other diners as well as Earl and his family. The daily specials (patty melts on Tuesday) are outstanding and a great value. The breakfast sandwiches are legendary and large and they get everyone talking. This is not a place where people stare at their phones. They actually engage with one another. Long live Handy's !!!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank bklyn56
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

My family of three went to Handy's for lunch today. It's a great casual diner atmosphere. The owner cooked and waited on us and was very friendly and personable. He recommended the Texas hotdogs and my husband and I each polished off two, they were delicious with a spicy and flavorful chili and just the right amount of mustard. My son got a standard hotdog and said it was the best he's ever had. The owner also took the time to chat with us and make recommendations for local places to visit. We left full and happy!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 18 July 2018

Had the Super G which is a combination of egg, bacon, sausage and ham. Was very good. Some breakfast items limited after 12 do to heat.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Man, I don't see what all the fuss is about. Nice place, great counter diner atmosphere, family proud. But the food? A very overpriced basic breakfast, like from a motel buffet. Saw someone order the Chuck Norris. I'm no stranger to greasy hangover style food but that thing was.. was... Well I won't say how it looked as I really did like the place and only had breakfast so, if a simple breakfast is what you're after go to Denny's and get your money's worth. Maybe come back for lunch?

Date of visit: May 2018