1,855 results
All reviews lake champlain church street corner room within walking distance fire pit parking garage is front desk staff per day free bikes few blocks fitness center king bed bike path indoor pool conference downtown cat
Reviewed 5 January 2018

This review is for a November stay, certainly past peak tourist season.

As a HHonors Diamond, I was disappointed in the delivery, or lack thereof, of benefits.
I checked in at night and was greeted with the minimum effort.
The floor plan is a little tricky - it would be nice to have been provided directions to my room.

My room was overlooking the lake - it would be a spectacular view in the summer! Unfortunately, it was small and I could hear everything from my neighbor next door. EVERYTHING.

The Executive Lounge is an extra room attached to the dining area and they share the buffet room. The buffet attendant was pleasant and worked hard to keep items stocked and greeted guests as they arrived. The attendant in the Executive Lounge was hard to find and I had to ask for silverware. Breakfast offering were the bare minimum and just okay.

Parking is a shared, public lot.

The price was quite reasonable, but I certainly got what I paid for.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank GCKJA
Logan C, Manager at Hilton Burlington-Lake Champlain, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

GCKJ,

Thank you for providing us with this valuable feedback. I am sorry to hear your stay was less than perfect and I hope you provide us an opportunity in the future to show you how we can get it right. I will make sure to pass your positive experience with our food and beverage attendant along to the manager. We like to take every opportunity we are afforded to recognize excellent service.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Arrived late and was pleased with the accommodations. The room was very comfortable and spacious. Very good location. The staff at the reception was exceptional, friendly and informative. The breakfast was ok.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Logan C, Manager at Hilton Burlington-Lake Champlain, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

We're glad to hear you liked our rooms and our central location in the heart of downtown. We pride ourselves on being knowledgeable of our beautiful city and warmly welcoming everyone who stays with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Trip Advisor readers,

I always like to start my reviews by saying that for me, each visit to a location has a potential 5 rating. I see my reviews as how was the quality and service in relation to where I am reviewing. From the hole in the wall fry shack, low end hotel to the top restaurant in the city, or luxurious hotel.

I hope you enjoy my comments and review.

This hotel has almost all you could want and care to enjoy. Location was pretty great to the church street market place. If you are there during the holidays it is well decorated

The hotel had a school event, to the most part Security was on site for the main event, however I feel more could have been done for noise and rambunctiousness, and yes I have 3 children I get it .... however for this type of hotel, I excepted a bit more.

The food was ok or good, however not worth the prices ! No way !

My trip had to go longer, and so I went in person to the front desk for a one day extension. The nice gentleman took care of it as I am there.
The next morning... I am in the shower I hear a knock, by the time I get to the door no one ?
I then get a call an hour later, and am told I have to leave, my stay is over !
To make it short, my extensions was over booked and I am asked to leave. I am told that maybe if all don’t show I could stay ... lol nope I left.

I travel often, this was not they way to handle this !

So my score for the visit was a 3 and that’s cause most of the staff was great, and the hotel was up kept very well.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here for my daughters birthday and for the price I was really expecting more. The hot tub had a sludge wall and the pool was cold. My toilet was dirty with whomever stayed previouslys vomit.
Next time I’m visiting I’ll stay somewhere else!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristina L

Kristina, I'm sorry to hear that we failed to meet the standards we set for ourselves and that as a result, your stay was less than perfect. It's feedback like this that we find most valuable so we can learn from our mistakes. Please contact me at the hotel when you have the time. I'd like to make sure we correctly addressed this for you and to invite you back and show you first hand how we can do better.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We had a nice room for two nights in mid December at this Hilton Hotel. It looked clean,and roomy enough, and the bathroom was great, except they cut cost by having a cheap toilet seat and cover, and we only had two bath towels for my wife and I. The bar downstairs was great, and the food good. One great thing about the location of this hotel is that it is very walkable into downtown Burlington, but the parking was somewhat expensive at $15 a day, and the front desk has to answer the phone and wait on guest, with the guest being the ones doing most of the waiting. Nice hotel, but not great!

Room Tip: Get a high up room, and face the downtown or lake, not the parking area.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

It can often be challenging for new Guest Service Associates to choose between the guest who is on the phone and the guest who is in front of them. I'm sorry at you were made to wait for an extended period. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I will be sure to make this a training point at our next staff meeting. I am glad to hear you enjoyed yourself at the Mounted Cat; the Catio is a great place during the warmer weather to have a drink by the fire. We hope to see you again soon.