“A Perfect Wedding!”

The Lilac Inn
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Brandon
Price range: USD 15 - USD 50
Cuisines: American
Description: The Lilac Inn is a romantic country inn with nine guest rooms, each with a private bath. Every room has been lovingly decorated in it's own style. Since 1994, The Lilac Inn has been helping couples create their dream wedding. We will help you customize your day from start to finish. Browse through our list of Vermont wedding resources to help you find the perfect vendors for flowers, salons, dresses, etc. We are always available to help you make your dream a reality. All our menus are fully customizable. We cater to a variety of dietary preferences, cultural needs, and tastes. We truly enjoy being creative in the kitchen.
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

My daughter and now son-in-law got married at the Lilac Inn in Brandon, Vermont. It was a perfect weekend in this beautiful Vermont bed and breakfast. We rented the whole nine room Inn and it proved to be a wonderful decision. The owners and staff were versatile and so easy to work with. My daughter and son-in-law made all of the arrangements, and they were so happy with how easy the owners and staff made their weekend so special. The house is gorgeous, laid back, clean and each room on the main floor and bedrooms on the second floor are unique and so so comfortable. The staff was accommodating, but you never feel like you were being watched. I feel the house was ours for the weekend, and that was so special for our family to get to know each other and share in this special event. The fire pit outside was a gathering place and the special outside area they had the ceremony was exactly what they wanted for their wedding. The website is fabulous, but go visit in person. It’s even better! Thank you, Lilac Inn!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Beautiful and welcoming inn, decorated in period. Delicious supper and breakfast served by the owner. Often used for weddings, this inn has a lovely garden and terrace. Our room was comfortable and immaculate with a recently renovated bathroom.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

This was the first inn that my husband and I stayed at while biking in Vermont. We had time to enjoy the lovely garden and gazebo before a wonderfully prepared dinner. The innkeepers and staff were helpful and made our stay very pleasant.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I live in this town, and generally we find ourselves leaving Vermont, or at least Brandon for entertainment/travel/experiences, whatever you want to say. However, in September of 2013, I attended the wedding of my son at the Lilac Inn. My wife and I own a large property on Lake Dunmore, just north of the Town of Brandon, where we live in the warmer months, May through early October and then we move into town, to our winter house, I guess you would call it. So, Ben, our son and Kaitlyn, his wife had what I guess you would call a destination wedding. We had 50+ people, family, friends and their friends stay out at the lake in the various rustic cabins on the property. We hosted the rehearsal dinner on Friday evening, at the lake. Shelly and Doug Sawyer hosted the wedding the next day, and what a host couple. The actual ceremony was outside in a lovely garden, cocktails and hors d'oeuvres on the terrace followed by wonderful dinner in the main room with dinner and dancing to end the evening with a live band. I know this was all planned by the kids and her parents, but the execution and the attention to detail, by Shelley and Doug was amazing. In my book, it was a perfect event. Several people stayed at the Inn that night, to then come to the lake for a pancake breakfast and a day of hiking, sailing, and just relaxing with a late lunch by our chef. The Lilac Inn under the guiding hand of Shelley and Doug is THE BEST thing in Brandon. Hands down

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Of the four inns that my wife and I stayed at during our recent trip through Vermont, I felt The Lilac Inn had the best atmosphere and quirky charm that I look for in having a unique lodging experience.

Been to The Lilac Inn? Share your experiences!