“Hidden gem ”

Ranked #20 of 76 Restaurants in Bennington
Price range: USD 3 - USD 10
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: We believe Vermont has a special place in the New England landscape. From the lush green mountains to the picturesque farms; the small, sleepy towns to the eclectic, art scenes- Vermont is loaded with creative, talented people. We continually scour the state to find unique, quality items made by those people that the world needs to see. We invite you to stop by our downtown Bennington location to see, smell, touch, taste and otherwise experience some of that talent.
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

The cafe is at the back of the store so one could overlook it if looking for a place to eat. They have these sweet and savory hand pies. I had the Chicken Cordon Bleu and my husband had the Shepherds Pie. His came with a small cup of gravy on the side and mine with a honey mustard sauce. The crusts were tender and flaky and loaded with delicious fillings. Each came with a choice of a side salad. I chose the superfood salad with broccoli, raisins, apples, pineapple (need I go on!) and my husband had the health food salad. Special mention goes to the expresso brownie which was possible the best brownie I ever ate. The rest of the store sells products made in Vermont.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

If you are looking for unique VT made products stop here first.
While there check out their cafe in the back of the store- Unlike some places, there are not an overwhelming amount of choices on the menu. But the menu is diverse and delicious, Not sure what to get from their many salads? Then chose a sampler platter and pick 3 to find out what you like.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Found this little cafe in the back of a shop on Main Street. Shop sells items made in Vermont--nice and not expensive! The little cafe serves unusual salads, quiches, baked goods and meat (also vegetarian) pies. I had yummy salad and a great broccoli/cheese quiche. Soooo good!

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Creative comfort food, killer treats, lots of interesting Vermont stuff around and very cordial, friendly hosts. Space is limited, but it's worth the risk and the service is generally pretty quick so you'll get a turnover on a table in most cases.
I find nothing wrong with this place, except that I usually can't eat enough to try all the inventive offerings.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

This is the place I go when looking for special gifts made in Vermont. Although the inventory changes, the store offers interesting selections.