“Great, Practical, Pottery”

Bennington Potters
Ranked #1 of 14 Shopping in Bennington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Bennington Potters has been making stoneware pottery right here in Bennington, Vermont since 1948. Visit our destination home style store and pottery works. Free Factory Tours - Come See it Made! Talk to the potters and see pressing, casting, jiggering, finishing, glazing and firing in action. Buses and group tours welcome! Call for more information. Shop at Potters Yard in our historic Grist Mill and Old School House buildings. We sell our dinnerware, bakeware, and classic trigger mugs, as well as our own accessories and complementary glassware, tableware, linens, furniture and more - a unique shopping experience. Shop, factory and gardens on 3-plus acres. In downtown Bennington, less than a block off Vt. Rte. 7. Open every day.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

The Bennington Potters are an institution. Worth a stop. See pottery being made. Grab a mug for your coffee. Great place.

BenningtonPotters, Manager at Bennington Potters, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Thank you Traveler6500! We're so glad you enjoy visiting us at Bennington Potters!

All reviews
"dinnerware"
in 13 reviews
"mug"

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

... If you take the time to talk to the staff and ask questions. They would stand and chat or work while chatting as long as you had questions. I was impressed.

And, the Welcome Center as I came into town have me a booklet with a coupon for a free gift in the store. I won't spoil the surprise, but it was one of the best gifts of that type that I have ever received. I still smile when I think about it. Very thoughtful.

1  Thank LittlePaint

Thank you LittlePaint! What a sweet note - and it warms our hearts that your free gift brought you joy, that is exactly what we hope for! Come see us again!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Watching the potters at work was very interesting and the gift shop is lovely. Some reviews refer to a self-guided tour. As part of a bus tour, we had the benefit of a guided tour which explained the process.

1  Thank Remie

We are so glad that you enjoyed your tour Remie - thank you and the group for coming! We love giving guided tours as well to large groups, families and individuals. Come see us again!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Stopping just "to look"? Good luck. I left replacing all my dinnerware and could not be happier. Pulling a few mugs and plates from the "less than perfect" pile actually give my collection some personality and make me smirk a little every time I pick them up. My blue agate looks terrific in my home back in Brooklyn and the staff could not have been nicer helping to delicately wrap up 5 bags (although you can ship home if you don't want to schlep it).There are beautiful linens, candles, home accessories as well - I always walk the store twice and then the third time I zero in on the beautiful displays for inspiration (as well as dismantling them when I wanted the obscure plate rack). Love the randomness of the Keurig placed by the register as I was in desperate need of a a coffee fix - nice touch. I returned home to put all of my dishes on display and staged my dining table- the dishes are far too gorgeous to only appear at meal time.

1  Thank Christine F