“Replacing your dinnerware is easier than you think ”
Review of Bennington Potters

Bennington Potters
Ranked #1 of 13 Shopping in Bennington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Bennington Potters has been making stoneware pottery right here in Bennington, Vermont since 1948. Visit our destination home style store and pottery works. Free Factory Tours - Come See it Made! Talk to the potters and see pressing, casting, jiggering, finishing, glazing and firing in action. Buses and group tours welcome! Call for more information. Shop at Potters Yard in our historic Grist Mill and Old School House buildings. We sell our dinnerware, bakeware, and classic trigger mugs, as well as our own accessories and complementary glassware, tableware, linens, furniture and more - a unique shopping experience. Shop, factory and gardens on 3-plus acres. In downtown Bennington, less than a block off Vt. Rte. 7. Open every day.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Stopping just "to look"? Good luck. I left replacing all my dinnerware and could not be happier. Pulling a few mugs and plates from the "less than perfect" pile actually give my collection some personality and make me smirk a little every time I pick them up. My blue agate looks terrific in my home back in Brooklyn and the staff could not have been nicer helping to delicately wrap up 5 bags (although you can ship home if you don't want to schlep it).There are beautiful linens, candles, home accessories as well - I always walk the store twice and then the third time I zero in on the beautiful displays for inspiration (as well as dismantling them when I wanted the obscure plate rack). Love the randomness of the Keurig placed by the register as I was in desperate need of a a coffee fix - nice touch. I returned home to put all of my dishes on display and staged my dining table- the dishes are far too gorgeous to only appear at meal time.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We didn't have time to watch the potters at work but the showroom is well stocked. It's a bit "fancier" since our last visit a decade ago, but I managed to find a great mug.

BenningtonPotters, General Manager at Bennington Potters, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thanks so much Mike - Enjoy that mug!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

The building in the back has the potters working and demonstrating various steps in a self guided tour. On a Saturday afternoon, only one person was in the shop doing quality assurance on tea cups.

The store has more than just pottery. Pottery pricing seemed higher than other places I recently visited. But the story was busy and the staff was very helpful.

Not a bad spot to spend some time browsing in the store and checking out the shop.

1  Thank alwaysplanning50

Glad you checked us out - Thanks @alwaysplanning50!

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Bennington Potters in Bennington, Vermont is comprised of multiple buildings, including a store in the front and a factory in the back. The store features a beautiful showroom displaying pottery as well as many other products, such as home furnishings, accessories and tableware, all beautifully crafted for purchase. The factory in the back is where the pottery is made and includes a self-guided tour with historical information, a detailed description of the steps in the pottery production process and pieces of pottery shown on display at different steps in the process. Bennington Potters is definitely a unique and interesting place to visit if you are in the Bennington area.

BenningtonPotters, Manager at Bennington Potters, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thanks for visiting and for your review @kzsull01! Come back soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Very good stock and inventory of pottery. The staff were nice and it was fun to browse. They offered to give us a tour of the factory but we were running low on time. Will definitely be back!

Thanks for visiting Bennington Potters Jen, and for your review! Definitely come back sometime soon - meet the Potters and see the pottery made. There's always new things to see in the Store too!