La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sleep Inn(West Valley City)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsjetted tubwafflesflat screen tvmini fridge and microwaveexercise roombreakfast was delicioussalt lake citybiscuits and gravyeasy accesswould stay here againbeds were comfortableindoor poolfree breakfastnice staythe breakfast areaconvenient locationa great place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I actually stay at this hotel several times a year for both pleasure and business visits. The front desk has great customer service. My room is always clean and well stocked. I have sleep overs with my grandkids occaisonally and they love it. The staff is family and are great. In reading some of the reviews I wonder if they were at a different hotel.

Room Tip: I like the first floor personally, the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I expect more out of a stay at La Quinta. The breakfast is good, the service is okay, but the room feels outdated. None of the new amenities that I see at other La Quintas are present here. The bathroom had a noisy fan, the wall unit was loud and the parking was less than stellar. I'd stay again for the value, but the expectations are pretty low here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I frequently visit the Salt Lake City area on business and try to stay at economical hotels but cleanliness is an important quality I look for in any hotel. Of all the hotels and motels I have stayed at in the area, this property is definitely the worst. I recently spent two nights at the hotel. When I first arrived I brought my bags in by way of the back stairs to the third floor. On the stairs when I arrived was an empty beer bottle and plastic cup. Two days later when I left, the empty beer bottle and cup was still there. No one in maintenance or housekeeping had cleaned the area in at least three days, and these were heavily traveled stairs. On the second day when I arrived back at my room I found the dirty rag that had been used to clean the bathroom and probably every other surface in the room sitting on the corner of my bed. The soap or shampoo was not replenished nor was the coffee or condiments. The dirty rag had been used to wipe the TV screen and there was such a film on it you could barely see. the picture. The carpets in the hall are filthy. To make matters worse, this is a "pet friendly" hotel so one can only imagine what gems have been left behind and inadequately cleaned in the rooms. On a positive note, the breakfast was very good with a wide variety and selection. I found the staff at the front desk to be friendly. The common areas in the lobby and breakfast room well maintained. But it's hard to see the good when the unsanitary conditions so blatantly overshadow the good. I would definitely advise people to avoid this place unless you have no other option.

Room Tip: Avoid the pet rooms if possible.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Frbill92
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Its clean, the beds are comfy, and the 3rd floor was pretty quiet except a squealy pipe next door. Free breakfast includes eggs and sausage. Easy highway access and really close to the Maverick Center.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We stayed here for three nights on an emergency trip to visit a relative in Intensive Care at a nearby hospital. We had a 70-pound dog and our cat with us. I made the reservation online for a room with a king bed, microwave, refrigerator, and 27" color TV. When I got to the hotel they informed me that because of the pets we would not be allowed to stay in the room I had reserved, but instead were put in a room with two queen beds, a refrigerator, no microwave, and a smaller TV. I was also informed that I would be charged an extra $10 per day because our dog weighs more than 50 pounds. Well, it's their hotel so they can make the rules, but the La Quinta reservation system that I used online did not warn me about any of this and based on what I thought I would be getting, I made a non-refundable reservation so we were stuck with it. I did talk them out of the extra $10 per day, but not into the nicer room I had reserved.

This facility is a La Quinta Inn, not Inn and Suites, which I guess means it is not as nice. We did pay less for the room than other La Quintas where I have stayed before, and the phrase "you get what you pay for" applies here. The whole place smelled like curry, except for Christmas night, when it smelled like curry served on burnt toast. Whatever they were cooking was burning so much that my boyfriend and I, both volunteer firefighters, felt compelled to get out of bed and investigate the source of the smoke. I don't know who is living here, but they like some stinky food. Now don't go calling me a racist because I would complain just as much if they were cooking lutefisk or Limburger cheese, my own personal ethnic holiday food nightmare.

The room was quite clean, so no issues there. The walls were thin and we could hear the people in the next room pretty well. The neighborhood is a little scary, but it did have some nice hole-in-the-wall Asian and Mexican restaurants, as well as many familiar chains, though none were within easy walking distance because of heavy traffic.

The breakfast was the usual La Quinta spread, but oddly on our last day we ate at about 6:15 am and the food was cold. Why would it be cold when they start serving at 6:00? Too bad we didn't get the microwave I had reserved. On the other two days the food was hot.

Overall, it's an OK place to spend the night but I would look elsewhere if I needed to be in this neighborhood again, perhaps somewhere a little more welcoming to pets and with less kitchen odors.

Room Tip: Don't bring a pet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business