“Very good Peruvian food”
Review of Puro Peru

Puro Peru
Ranked #58 of 252 Restaurants in Sandy
Reviewed 5 January 2018

This restaurant has excellent Ceviche, and if you like seafood, definitely check out the seafood appetizer. It is huge and should be shared with two or three people. The Lomo Saltado was very good, but they were a little stingy with the amount of meat they included. Our servers were a little slow but very friendly. Note to the wise: Thursday-Saturday, they have karaoke, and the place is packed. So if you want a nice quiet meal, go on Monday-Wednesday, then you can have the great food without the crowds. But if you are into Karaoke, they rock it on the weekends.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Service was very good. Food was very good although we have had better at times. My wife is from Peru and knows the food and even she was impressed with it. Prices were average in comparison with other similar type places.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

There are many reasons for a restaurant to earn 5 stars, although I rarely give 5 stars. The reasons Puro Pero gets a 5 star rating is amazing, authentic food at a great value. My friend married a girl from Peruvia - she wanted us to go here. It's amazing!! The atmosphere, ok, the waiter, good... the food... delicious! The sea bass dinner was incredible. Yuquitas Fritas, appetizer...BOOM! Steak and eggs dinner, just everything was superb. Almost all the main platters cost between $12 and $20. Go, enjoy real Peruvian cuisine.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We arrived as a party of two on a Saturday night about 830pm. We got the last table, place was packed with big parties. Drink order taken right away and brought out. Food order taken we ordered what the server suggested as their specialty. Two different dishes. My husbands came out and then mine followed about 10 minutes later. We both enjoyed both dishes. Both came w/ white rice, his with beans and mine w/ french fries. The meat was flavorful with both. Mine was a large portion, his was two chunks of beef. Not very much.

There was some sort of entertainment happening near the front of the restaurant. Karaoke and then a two some singing cover songs.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I first shared a Beef Empanada for an appetizer, which was good. Then we both enjoyed our Pollo Saltado ($13-14). I agree with others that it's a bit pricey for the portion you get, but I'd definitely recommend trying it if you don't know what to get. Flavorful chicken sautéed with red onions and tomatoes. Served with french fries and rice on the side. The rice was good mixed in with the sauce on the plate. I wish their was less fries and more of the yummy chicken & onion, but it was still a decent amount. I didn't leave feeling stuffed...but I didn't eat all my fries either. ;)

For dessert, we bought a bag of cookies (similar to Chilean alfajores) for $3.99. They were so flakey, fresh, good that I wish we bought more--delicious!! I'm pretty sure their was nuts in the cookies if you have a nut allergy.

1  Thank Esteph55