“True gourmet, far surpassing its roots”
Review of La Caille

La Caille
Reserve with OpenTable
La Caille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 241 Restaurants in Sandy
Price range: USD 25 - USD 75
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 3500 E. 9500 S.
Reviewed 19 November 2017

Excellent, delectably wonderful dinner! Best my wife and I have had in our 30-year history of going to this restaurant (different owners in past). Fabulous service! La Caille and Log Haven are best in UT...wouldn't miss either! The wine menu is a unique gem in Utah, and Steven knows what he is doing. While the menu is likely to change, would not hesitate to eagerly partake in future editions! We started with the complimentary and superb sample of squash soup and a sliver of steak (fab!!). We split Mushroom with truffle risotto, and the Buratta salad was amazing....a larger portion would have been an amazing meal. Then to coconut sorbet cleanser (I don't like coconut at all...but I Really liked this!). The Filet was fantastic and snitched wife's tasty seabass. Wow! Wife not shy and asked neighbors about an aged beef special, which was reportedly also a true treat. We'll be back for dessert another time as lacked room after appetizers. It was that good!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

In an effort to say something unique about this restaurant, I want to emphasize the beauty and social/environmental consciousness of the entire enterprise. They invited us to take a walk around the grounds after our sumptuous brunch which we did enjoying the pristine manicured lawns, but also the organic gardens and vineyards. We loved seeing the chickens, the peafowl, the swans and ducks. The fall setting (end of September) was incomparable. Thank you for the whole experience.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I was lucky enough to not only dine at La Caille, but also to stay in the lovely Cottage. My dinner was fantastic, from the first amuse bouche (Jerusalem artichoke) through the last bite of dessert (Bananas Foster - what a show), everything was delicious, and artfully presented.

I began with a pear salad (much larger than I expected), followed by another amuse bouche (Venison), Brussels Sprouts - on the stalk - how unique and delicious, and then my entree, locally raised Rack of Lamb (superb). The house-made raspberry sorbet intermezzo was stellar, so fresh. We shared the Bananas Foster, and Malin, our wonderful waiter, was so excited to prepare it for us. Even though he must have prepared this thousands of times (he's been there over 20 years), it felt as if it was still a thrill for him (as it was for us).

My friend had the lobster bisque to start, and then the filet mignon, which he said both were fantastic.

They have a nice assortment of mocktails, and the La Caille Seyval Blanc wine was smooth and delicious.

The cottage was a pleasant retreat in the woods. From the fireplace to the hot tub and the huge, 4-poster bed, it was such a treat to stay there. The furnishings are beautiful and homey, and the breakfast that they delivered was delicious (a huge basket of pastries, croissants and homemade granola. If you get the chance, spend the weekend!

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

This place is unbelievable the restaurant serves excellent big portions excellent food lamb was great bashes great breakfast was great we stayed in the cabin it was very secluded very nice there's only two properties to stay in on on La Caille. The service from all the staff Personnel were very very very good it's a little spendy but for a weekend getaway it's wonderful

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

The facility is beyond beautiful! You have to take the time to walk the grounds. I so wanted to love our dinner but it was a bit of a disappointment. The service was just average...never refilled water glasses...never checked to see if we needed another glass of wine. The entrees were good but the desserts were not. Avoid the banana foster...the presentation at your table is fun and dramatic but the bananas were too hard. Not a bad meal but I expected more for the price.

1  Thank Mary W