“It smells horrible”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 10 October 2016

I think the food and the portion was good.
The service provided was friendly.
I would go back there but the restaurant smells horrible.
It smells like open sewer and in the restroom it is even worst.

Not going back there.

Date of visit: October 2016
2  Thank MrWolly007

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Had only appetizers. The food was good but the service could be a bit better. This is a small place, but clean and the food is what it was about today.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I've been going to this place quite often, I like their coxinha and their pastels, and that's it.
Most of the times I've been there it's been quite comic, with me and my family leaving laughing at how horrible, and I mean, picture REALLY bad, customer service, in fact not sure if what they do there qualify as "customer service" service.
Once you get in you're greeted by their dad (when greeted), one peek into their kitchen area and you see about 47 other people from their family busy doing whatever they're doing in there. This would be quite normal, if it didn't happen all the time, REGARDLESS of how many people are trying to get service. That's right, 1 person or 230 generate the same amount of enthusiasm and readiness of their part, meaning zero!
Coxinha is my favorite, usually in Brazil they have them sitting in a food warmer, but no, not here, EVERY TIME I ask for one, this is what happens:
Me: Hi, do you have your Coxinha?
SS: yes, of course
Then about 15 minutes later my coxinha arrives, needless to say, what transpired between the 15 minutes is the actual fabrication of aforementioned coxinha, rendering the "yes, of course" illegitimate as the need for the frying of said food product, naturally and obviously entails on the non existence of said product!! What should transpire when I come in is:
Me: Hi, do you have your Coxinha?
SS: No, we don't, but we could make one for you, it will be ready in about 15 minutes, would you like to wait?
But no, why bother right?
Other times, when we ask for our orders, the dad is furiously and copiously taking notes, however, when he returns (if he returns), the notes have Harry Potterly disapparated! What is this Voodoo?? How is it that you were taking notes of what we wanted and now, all of a sudden you forgot about it all and can't figure out what we wanted? Did you suffer some sort of short term memory loss between the 5 steps of our table and the kitchen? Is it really that difficult to take the order of 3 or 4 people in the middle ages of 2 minutes ago?? Should we record our order on a tape recorder next time for possible recollection then? What the deuce man??
Anyways, after we finally manage to get something that resembles what we actually wanted, we eat well. Their food is tasty and although I like only their coxinha and their pastels, they have never disappointed me on that stance.
Ok, we're done eating...drinks are almost empty, yes, dream on if you're hoping for a refill or someone to stop by and ask you if you would like to refill your water or have another beverage. Might as well save it or wait until the next Halley's comment appearance for them to come back with a refill!
Now it's time to pay, we get up and walk to the cashier and lo and behold, they have NO CLUE of what we had. That's right, at this moment, I could always say, "we had a glass of water" and I probably would be walking out of there without paying a dime, because EVERY TIME, I have to detail everything we had, as they have no clue what transpired in my table, no surprises there actually!
So, although I recommend this place for the food, you have to enter their realm anxiously waiting for either a laugh or some comedic effect to happen, or you will get pissed!
I've seen SEVERAL patrons that walk in, and after standing there for say, 2-3 minutes without anyone saying A WORD to them, just simply walk out the door again, at which point im laughing, of course...
Also be prepared to meet some real life dementors, as they people in the kitchen seem to suck the life away from you, they look and act sooooo depressed that it gives me depression just to think about them!

Date of visit: March 2014
2  Thank Vireoli
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We've visited this spot a few times and ate their delicious moinst "dulce de leche" cake and brigadeiro cake; for my son's 7th party he wanted the dulce cake, the ordering was simple, over the phone, once we picked it up it looked beautiful, when we cut into it, we noticed people were just trying it and leaving it, when my husband and I tasted it we realized it was so dry it was hard to swallow, it wasn't smooth and moist like before, I ordered brigadeiro cupcakes and the children ate about half of them, they were also pretty dry. I called the store on Mon. since we left from boondocks on Sat. night (they were closed and are also closed on sundays) I spoke with the manager about the cake, she argued with me, said she herself made that cake fresh and it was perfect, I asked if she was going to do anything about it, she said "lots of people think they paid too much and after they buy the cake they want a refund" I told her that wasn't the case here, we've called and asked for a price before so we knew how much it was prior to ordering, but she wasn't willing to do anything, she also said "next time bring the cake back and I'll see what's wrong with it". First of all, there won't be a next time period and I didn't know she needed to do a test on the cake, I guess I was supposed to save it in my fridge for 3 days while I waited for them to reopen the store. I do not recommend this place if you are ordering for a party, when we've eaten there the desserts have been great, so has their food except their flavorless beans. Just like a typical "hispanic" restaurant that only caters to their people and not americans because they lack customer service when something goes wrong.

Date of visit: March 2013
1  Thank lesly0519
Reviewed 24 January 2013

They have in their menu Braziliam pizza, very good but a little expensive. You can find pasteis, cochinhas,kibe, empadas and all sorts of braziliam appetizers. Their sweets are wonderful! On Fridays they offer all you can eat pizza for $13.00 but arrive early because the restaurante is pretty small and is always packed on Fridays.

Date of visit: December 2012