“It was okay.”

Comfort Inn at Convention Center
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 14 November 2011

The bed and pillows were fine and the room seemed clean. We had a room with a door to adjoin to the next room. I don't know if that is what made it so we could hear the people in the next room but they were loud! So I don't know if that was a reflection on the thin walls or that they were just that loud. I hardly slept at all but I am a light sleeper. Breakfast was really good though. Also I left some stuff in the room and they kept it and I was able to get it back which made me happy.

• Stayed: November 2011

Reviewed 22 August 2011

Breakfast was good, bacon, eggs, waffle, etc on weekdays and they added sausage during the weekend. They have a cappucino machine along with regular coffee. We were pleasantly surprised that the manager was checking each one of us during breakfast how the food was. The 2 waffle makers definitely helps during breakfast rush hours. Staff were generally courteous and welcoming with the exception of one female wearing glasses during check out time, she did not even look at us while checking out. Room and bathroom was clean. The only bad thing is that they were cleaning the pool while people were there, it would be nice if they could clean the pool before the pool access hours and put more towels in the pool area. Shower curtains also does not hold water inside the bath tubs, the rods are curved.

Room Tip: If you want quiet rooms, choose a 3rd floor so you cannot hear any pets or children running on top o...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2011

the housekeepers or someone with access to our rooms stole my daughter's ipod and two other patrons on the third floor had an ipad and itouch stolen the same day. the manager did nothing about it. keep your stuff safe in your car...in the parking lot...that way at least your alarm will go off. better yet, stay at a better and safer hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank camille009
Reviewed 17 April 2011

We stayed with our extended family over spring break and the hotel looked nice. The free breakfast was good. The hotel was clean. The only down fall was the mattresses. I am mid thirties and the beds were so uncomfortable I was in pain. My teenage daughter complained of back pain. Her bed was so poor that the mattress caved in. In my parents room the mattresses were no better. If you have a strong back then this hotel is fine but if you have any back problems at all, choose somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank goingonavacation
Reviewed 27 March 2011

For what it's worth my wife said she'd give it 2 stars then she said 2.5 stars "maybe". I asked why. "It stinks?" followed by "bed from hell? Worst I've ever slept on?" Overall I agree. So my review:

1) "It stinks" - not in a nasty, old, rotting/smoke/pee way but like they use the worst possible concoction of cleaning chemicals - the hotel is spotless clean and new/newer. Can't quite put your finger on the smell but it's pervasive (not much in the rooms thank goodness) and bad.

2) "Bed from hell" - to me I've had worse but not my wife. Certainly not real comfortable beds. Wife said she wanted to get up at 5:30AM just to no longer sleep.

3) Good effort, but... - each interaction we had with the staff wasn't bad, but let some to be desired. Zombie'esk, slow to smile, bleh .... that sort. Unimpressive in a competitive world where you see stars shine. The manager, bless his heart, really tries: dresses to the nines, is out "working the crowd" at breakfast, but ah therein is the problem. He introduces himself to everyone while they eat breakfast, asks about their stay, this is wonderful behavior. But not while somebody is eating breakfast with food in their mouth etc! And certainly don't ever extend your hand to shake hands while somebody is eating. My wife was grossed out. She saw other people who looked bugged as well. Knuckles anyone?

4) Spotless clean, good location, sub-par continental breakfast (less variety than most we've been at for the price), no "hassles "

Overall good effort but we'll try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family