“horrible and atrocious”

Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“horrible and atrocious”
Reviewed 24 May 2011

the housekeepers or someone with access to our rooms stole my daughter's ipod and two other patrons on the third floor had an ipad and itouch stolen the same day. the manager did nothing about it. keep your stuff safe in your car...in the parking lot...that way at least your alarm will go off. better yet, stay at a better and safer hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank camille009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Finnish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 17 April 2011

We stayed with our extended family over spring break and the hotel looked nice. The free breakfast was good. The hotel was clean. The only down fall was the mattresses. I am mid thirties and the beds were so uncomfortable I was in pain. My teenage daughter complained of back pain. Her bed was so poor that the mattress caved in. In my parents room the mattresses were no better. If you have a strong back then this hotel is fine but if you have any back problems at all, choose somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank goingonavacation
Salt Lake City, UT
Reviewed 27 March 2011

For what it's worth my wife said she'd give it 2 stars then she said 2.5 stars "maybe". I asked why. "It stinks?" followed by "bed from hell? Worst I've ever slept on?" Overall I agree. So my review:

1) "It stinks" - not in a nasty, old, rotting/smoke/pee way but like they use the worst possible concoction of cleaning chemicals - the hotel is spotless clean and new/newer. Can't quite put your finger on the smell but it's pervasive (not much in the rooms thank goodness) and bad.

2) "Bed from hell" - to me I've had worse but not my wife. Certainly not real comfortable beds. Wife said she wanted to get up at 5:30AM just to no longer sleep.

3) Good effort, but... - each interaction we had with the staff wasn't bad, but let some to be desired. Zombie'esk, slow to smile, bleh .... that sort. Unimpressive in a competitive world where you see stars shine. The manager, bless his heart, really tries: dresses to the nines, is out "working the crowd" at breakfast, but ah therein is the problem. He introduces himself to everyone while they eat breakfast, asks about their stay, this is wonderful behavior. But not while somebody is eating breakfast with food in their mouth etc! And certainly don't ever extend your hand to shake hands while somebody is eating. My wife was grossed out. She saw other people who looked bugged as well. Knuckles anyone?

4) Spotless clean, good location, sub-par continental breakfast (less variety than most we've been at for the price), no "hassles "

Overall good effort but we'll try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Matki7024
Utah
Reviewed 8 October 2010

When booking I noticed that the hotel was newer and I thought that not much can go wrong with a new place... we were expecting very basic rooms and your run-of-the-mill economy hotel. When we got there, we were able to check in a bit early and our room was very spacious and clean. The bathrooms were emaculate and the bed nice and soft. We had our baby with us and they provided a pack and play and the pool area was great too. maybe a bit more shade though for such a hot place! anyways it made for a great start to our vacation to Zion National Park

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 6 October 2010

We stayed at this hotel on Sept 1st using our Choice Privileges points. We had a nice big room and whole property was very nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel. It was close to I-15 and easy to find.

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple