“Why won't the St. George Claim Jumper accept my $50 gift card? I don't know what the URL is.”
Review of The Claim Jumper Steak House - CLOSED

The Claim Jumper Steak House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I liked the food and the atmosphere. The prices were average. It was a very clean and neat restaurant and the service was good. I do think thy shoule accept gift cards.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I was so looking forward to California Citrus Salad at what we thought this restaurant was part of The Claim Jumper chain. We weren't looking for gourmet food, just a quick, tasty dinner. When we got there at 6:30pm we were the only patrons in the restaurant...on a Friday evening! We quickly found that even though the name was nearly identical (even the lettering on their signs) the menu is not, and is very limited. the dinner salad was mostly iceberg lettuce garnished with three half slices of cucumber and some purple onion slices.

My husband ordered the 11 oz. sirloin, and I ordered the fish and chips. The sirloin was extremely disappointing, as if they had grilled it while partially frozen. The fish (cod) however, was okay as fish and chips go.

The only reason I am not giving this restaurant one star is that the young man who waited on us tried very hard to provide us good service.
The restaurant is changing their name soon, but I don't know what it is. Hopefully they will change their food quality as well, but don't hold your breath!

1  Thank flowerbuyer
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I had a coupon for the Claim Jumper and took the wife to give it a try. We were seated quickly but the booth that we were seated a was a joke. They took a table, turned it sideways and put booth benches on the ends. It seemed like I was so far away from my wife I went to try the Claim Jumper because I wanted to see if their mexican food was good. I didn't try it. I don't like fajitas and thier "burrito" is served open face, so it is really just a burrito salad. I settled for the chopped steak. My wife had the new york strip. Half of her steak was fat. We ordered the poppers (jalepeno poppers) for an appetizer. They were OK, but were cooked a little too long. Nothing at this restaurant is less than $13, so just be aware of that. Even their chef salad was $14.
I've been, I've tried, I won't go back. Sorry Claim Jumper.

1  Thank Jeepers_Mimi
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Chose this restaurant for our last night in St. George, UT before heading north for home. HUGE mistake! I'm not a red meat fan, so I was pleased to see other menu options - like fish 'n chips. My husband, who IS a red meat guy, opted for chicken (much to my surprise!). I also ordered a glass of their house merlot. Sets the tone when the wine arrives in a glass with someone else's lipstick on the rim..... 2nd glass was better, but still murky. I cleaned it with a tissue, rather than send it back again.

When the food arrived, my jaw dropped. My fish was 2 frozen fish sticks on soggy fries! Hubby's chicken, once we found it swimming in the mustard sauce, was buried under packaged-style ham slices. His side of mashed potatoes looked like soup, with so much white gravy in the bowl you were hard-pressed to find the actual potatoes!

This atrocious excuse for dinner cost us over $40 for 2! I should also mention that they tag an automatic gratuity of 18% on your bill for 4 or more people - something most restaurants restrict to about 8 + people! Granted, this didn't affect us (2), but it's food for thought for other diners.

I was disgusted with this restaurant. What really irked me is the waitress' attitude when she picked up our plates with about 1/4 of the meals consumed. She just looked at them, shrugged, and asked if we wanted dessert. I was actually WAITING for her to ask if there was a problem, but it was abundantly clear she either didn't care, or was immune to this as it happened frequently!

No, I would NOT recommend this "restaurant" to anybody, nor will we return!

1  Thank KellyBS123
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Over priced, tasteless, microwaved potato skins, unprofessional staff and uncomfortable/boring feeling :( not happy and NO improvements whatsoever compared to the last Management. If you have children, they have no children juices, or coloring accessories, so dont take your children.

2  Thank Sydney K