“Cheap food output and overpriced”
Review of Ripple's Drive Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ripple's Drive Inn
Ranked #98 of 332 Restaurants in Provo
Reviewed 10 May 2017

I've been patronizing Ripple's Drive Inn since 1998, and I've seen what happened to this particular drive inn restaurant that went downhill.

Recently, I ordered fish & chips to go.

It's overpriced for what it is. It costs over $12 including tax, yet this restaurant copped out with their cheap and poorly cooked fried halibut that is actually SMALL in portion compared to the competitors whose fish and chips recipe is actually well-portioned including fried halibut.

The cooked fish is overfried to the point of burnt. It came with French fries that is ironically the biggest portion that makes the set of three fish pieces look small.

I had ordered french fries as a standalone menu choice for quick lunch before, but I noticed that the fries taste a little soppy and perhaps overfried. Maybe that's their way.

It matters not that this shop is Mom and Pop type. It's definitely divey and it's an eye sore. It's like they haven't bothered to update, and are willing to keep operating until this shop falls apart due to maintenance and aesthetic issues.

I understand the expense of rebuilding/refurbishing the independent restaurant shop, including the overhead cost. However, they copped out by serving the lamer version of fish and chips that is deeply disappointing.

I also had ordered the fish sandwich for lunch before, and it's a slap-dash process not unlike the current McDonald's. Bland-tasting for what it is.

It's impressive that Ripple's Drive Inn is in the business for six decades, but the current quality of cooking and processing by the husband-and-wife team is almost deplorable, judging their output while overcharging for small portions that are overcooked and bland.

If you doubt me, order fish and chips while paying over $12, and see if you will leave satisfied.

I think it's time that this shop should either be bought out by someone more knowledgeable and competent to update and improve the menu, or shut down for its poor quality of food production output and run-down (divey) building look due to the cheap nature of the operator-owner team.

I enjoyed the fries with fry sauce, but I was so disappointed by the wretched quality of the fish and chips that this shop deserves one out of five scale, even with some understanding that it's an independent restaurant.

But, refusal to improve the menu due to customer complaints means bad word of mouth, and the shop should have closed a long time ago rather than drag out its life trying to earn profit by ripping off the customers by overcharging for laughably cheap grocery store-brand output.

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

the food comes out very very slow but besides that this place is pretty dang good. honestly it isn't the best place you can go around that little area but at least it's okay.

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Such a great old fasson flaverful burger. I have been coming here for 40 years. The place is not much to look at but the food is so good. My favorite is the double cheeseburger basket with a large fresh lime drinks. My favorite burger places in Utah County car ripples, Mooyah's, 5 guys, in n out.
Their hours are kind of spotty meaning mainly open for lunch I think they close around 6 pm which is too bad for me as that's the time I usually am hungry and driving by and they are closed.
Great place. Must put it on your burger " list"

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

I have been to Ripples several times and it is always the same. Great old fashion burgers and fries. It is Utah so there is also fry sauce. These are not gourmet. No fancy cheeses, nothing special or extra. Straight up good.
They also have very good shakes.

Be aware, they only take cash. No cards.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

I like the old-fashioned burger n basket (fries). Family run and personable! Wen there as a kid in the 70's... then years later came back and now going... not a kid anymore, but the food as good as I remember. Not open late, close around 6 on week days. Not sure about Saturdays.