All reviews glitretind restaurant deer valley hot tub relaxation room turn down service locker room off season breakfast buffet is ski experience mountain biking mid mountain star resort private balcony mountain view ski boots other resorts world class
Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

Loved everything about this classic mountain lodge resort. Service was over the top on every level. Our favorites ... Comfy rooms that lack nothing, a
delicious hardy breakfast included every morning before we hit the slopes and ski boots on and off by friendly attendants -what a treat!

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed 16 March 2016

I come back to Stein Eriksen year after year. The location is fantastic. Easy access to Bald Mountain, Flagstaff Mountain. Great views. Rooms and amenities are excellent.
The service sets this place apart. Polite, professional, knowledgeable.
The ski locker service is #1! They help you in and out of your ski boots, put the boots on a warmer/ dryer when you are finished for the day, and take care of everything. I had a question about one of my bindings and they knew the answer.
In many ski resorts, there are seasonal employees who are not very customer oriented. Here, you will find many long term employees, and even the seasonal people are good.
A special note of thanks: I was travelling with a friend and her two boys (age 6 &10) . She caught flu the first day and was too ill to ski or do anything else. I -- a non- parent, now had some extra responsibilities. I leaned on the staff to help me get the kids to and from ski school, carry items I otherwise would have carried myself, etc. We also relied on room service more often than usual, and we were never disappointed. Very grateful to the kind and professional people at Stein Eriksen.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank T3G
S E L M C, VP Hotel Operations at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

Dear Guest from Monaco,
I am so pleased you had “the very best ski experience”. Thank you for the extremely positive appraisal. Our service and specifically our ski locker room does set us apart from all others. I’m sorry your friend caught the flu and missed a day. Sounds like although slightly encumbered, our team was able to help with responsibilities – kudos to the helpful staff.
Thank you and look forward to having you and your friend/family out to Steins next season.
Dan Bullert
Vice President Hotel Operations

Reviewed 11 March 2016

This is the first time I'm writing a review but felt the need to share my most wonderful and relaxing experience that I had there a couple of days ago. Special thanks to Ben James, manager of the Spa at Stein Erikksen, who went above and beyond by setting me up with my very talented masseuse, Merilee. She focused on what ailed me and it was clear to me, how much she enjoys her work. I highly recommend taking some time off from the slopes and heading over to the Spa. You won't be sorry!!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2016

This was our first stay at Stein Eriksen and it exceeded our expectations. We had a luxury room with a hot tub and a great view of the mountain. Room was wonderful, very comfortable king bed, huge 2 person tub with bath salts, and nice deck. Room amenities were first-class.

The ski valet service was fabulous. You drop off your skis, boots, poles, etc. and are assigned a large, well-ventilated locker. Overnight, your boots are dried and skis can be waxed/tuned if needed. When you arrive in the AM your gear is ready to go. The valets help putting on and taking off boots - which is so luxurious! They also take your skis out to the mountain and have them ready for you to click in and go. We've used other ski valets before - Sun Valley, Tremblant, Canyons, but no service compares to Stein Ericksen.

The restaurants are also absolutely wonderful. The breakfast buffet is excellent and the lunch buffet is superb.

Now, Stein Ericksen is not a low-cost destination. If cost is an issue you should look elsewhere.

If you are looking for the finest ski hotel experience possible, I can't think of any better option.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
S E L M C, VP Hotel Operations at Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

Dear Rich,
We’re grateful for your all-encompassing compliments on the facility, the service and the staff. And if you’re wondering how the finest ski hotel you’ve ever experienced could get any better, well, you’ll have to join us next year as we plan to undergo new property enhancements.
Thank you again for recommending a luxury room with a hot tub, our fabulous ski valet and our wonderful restaurant.
Dan Bullert
Vice President Hotel Operations

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Amazing mountainside location with all the amenities resulted in the most relaxing week of skiing one could ask for! Although snow conditions were average, the exceptional service and amenities at the Stein made for a great week. We took advantage of all the amenities from dining to spa to the ski locker facilities had a terrific guest experience.

Room Tip: Room with easy access to restaurant and lodge facing mountains
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends