All reviews quaint inn historic hotel room was clean main street town furniture refrigerator
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

The moral of the story: book far enough in advance that this isn’t your only option. Yes, the bathroom is clean. Yes, the ice machine is operable. Yes, the bed is fine. But this place, which seems proud to be family run, is completely lacking in hospitality. I’m all for putting kids to work—but when that means the reception is done by a terse, unfriendly person who can’t get off her phone to answer questions, um, no. I’ll also pass on the pre-teen boy scowling as he folds a massive mound of bedsheets in the kitchen when you are preparing and eating dinner. Combine all that with a very outdated and weary decor, this place just has bad energy. Hard pass.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2018

We were on a tour of all Utah's NPs and all accommodations close to Bryce Canyon were booked except this place and Rodeway Inn at the junction of the 2 roads. I chose this over Rodeway because it's a ride into town for meals and not sure if there were restaurants near Rodeway.
Not sure why it's historic except that it's an old building. Why the poor rating:
1. No breakfast at $100.
2. No fridge, microwave, coffeemaker. You can use their kitchen and store your food in the communal refrigerator. There is a coffee maker at the base of the stairwell in the morning.
3. Carpet is dirty. Blinds panels missing, no curtains.
4. No closet space, no hangers, no place to hang your things, just the two beds. Come to think of it, the room was small and glad we didn't have a lot of stuff.
5. No elevator. Our room was on the second floor and have to carry our luggage in a narrow staircase.
6. The receptionist didn't seem to know what's in town. We asked her for suggestions for restaurants and their hours. Just pointed over there and not sure what time they were open/close.
7. They posted an excuse for the above: They run 3 motels/inns in town. Good god, you shouldn't be in the hotel/motel industry if you have to make this kind of excuse! It sounds like you don't know how to run a proper motel.
Limited parking inside. Otherwise, park in the streets.
I DO NOT recommend this place. Do not be fooled by "historic". I forgot to add, very, very slow Wi-fi.

Room tip: Do not stay here.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Positives

Great value for money
Very clean
Big shared kitchen area for cooking with a great range of equipment and crockery etc
Ample covered off street car parking

Negatives

Receptionist appalling first point of contact. Could hardly be bothered to look up from her phone.. felt like we were intruders and an inconvenience. Never said hello or smiled for the duration of our stay. Merely asked for our credit card and in exchange handed over room key. Bizarre !! No briefing on hotel facilities..needs some lessons on customer service.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank fraz2018
Reviewed 20 July 2018

I read the reviews after booking and wasn't quite sure if I made the right decision. But it turned out I did. The room was spacious and clean, I got 3 double beds for only $54. My stay was pleasant and I can recommend it. Seems like the change of management was a very good decision.

Room tip: good price
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Another motorcycle friend and I stayed in this hotel over the last weekend. We stayed frankly because the alternative was camping with the rally we were attending. Neither of us thought that was a really good idea but we're on a budget so my friend found this hotel. I was a little skeptical for the very inexpensive price that it would be a decent place to stay. We were pleasantly surprised by the fundamental strength of the operation, meaning that the beds were good, the rooms, while older are serviceable and the staff, which is a small family-run operation, were friendly and helpful.

An added bonus was that they have inside parking, which we appreciated being on the motorcycles.

I will definitely stay at this facility again when we travel down to beautiful Southern Utah!

Date of stay: June 2018