All reviewsvalet parkingbank buildinghistoric buildingdowntown hotelgreat hotelblock walkstreet noisewithin walking distanceconference centerunion stationking suitecomplimentary breakfastup to datefront desk staffmovie theaternice stayconvenient location
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Make sure not to book near any ice machine, very noise. also issues with water leaking from floor above through electrical fixture into tube below. Ice machine noise never address and leaking problem reoccurring after reported repairs. 2nd floor very noise from traffic below.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 380freddiec
Debbie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ogden, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear 308freddiec,

Thank you for your time in responding to our survey. In hospitality, guest feedback is a very valuable indicator of performance, and we strive to provide you friendly service in a great hotel. We appreciate your considering our hotel for your lodging needs. I do regret that you had a less-than-satisfactory experience due to the ice machine and water leak. Thank you for sharing your candid experience with us, it helps us look into your concerns better and accordingly improve ourselves. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel again.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Good news is the room was up to standards. Very clean room overall, bed was comfortable, bathroom was nice, A/C worked well, and the iron was clean (stickler for clean irons, I know its weird). My hotel floor smelled like muffins, which was a plus for me, I happen to like muffins. Location of the hotel is great, there is a lot of restaurants and activities in Downtown Ogden. The staff was very friendly and helped me fix a couple of problem on check-in/check-out.
Bad News is the parking. I'm not a city guy, so maybe walking 5 minutes to a parking garage is normal to some city folk. If this is the case, I apologize. The parking situation for this place is not good; should offer cheap valet parking to mitigate the distant parking garage situation.
During my stay, my wife noticed that the housekeeper tending to my room did not replace the sheets, she (or he) simply made the bed with the previous sheets. We called housekeeping and they immediately replaced the sheets and told us this was not their policy. The next day, we had to call housekeeping again for the same problem.
Also, I booked my reservation online with " A long weekender" deal offered by the Hampton Inn website. When I checked out, this deal wasn't reflected in my final bill. Made a couple of phone calls and talked to the hotel accountant and finally the issue was resolved and I got my initial discount. Luckily, I had the email copy of my reservation to prove that i booked with this discount, otherwise they wouldn't have gave it to me.
Finally, I requested a high floor before arriving at the hotel, but when I get there, they had offered me a low floor and had no record of my request. Eventually I got a room at a higher floor, but that was my original request that was probably ignored.
For those reason, I gave a three star rating. The most important parts of the experience (room, cleanliness, location, iron) were excellent and I would've gave 5 stars if those inconveniences didn't occur.

Room Tip: High floor, with mountain view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank charles B

Dear Charles B,
Thank you for taking the time to write an impression of our parking area. We appreciate your considering our hotel for your lodging needs and apologize for the inconvenience of traveling to and from the parking garage. As for housekeeping not changing your sheets, the standard for a stay over room is to change them every three days, in keeping with the conservation efforts of the Hampton Brand. If you would like them changed daily just let the front desk know and it will be passed on to the room attendant. We are sorry for the inconveniences you experienced, it is not typical of the standard of service we promote. We hope you will consider staying with us if ever in the area again.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Washington Ave is the busiest and nosiest road in Ogden. This Hampton Inn is on the corner of 25th and Washington and I unfortunately got a room (213) on Washington right outside a beautiful antique street lamp. I wondered why they provided ear plugs on my nightstand. Lol

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Debbie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ogden, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear L1359HYjohnr,
We appreciate you taking time to review your experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites Ogden. It is important to us that we live up to your expectations. We are sorry that the location of your room did not provide for a restful nights sleep. We are glad you shared your candid experience with us as it helps us look into your concerns better and accordingly improve ourselves. We hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the area. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our Hamptonality is all about.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We stayed here while visiting family on the area. The staff was very friendly and check in was a breeze. The room was large and the bed was very comfortable. We had an 8th floor room with views of the mountains and it was great. The location is perfect and with in walking distance of many attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Imc2003,
Thank you for taking time to share your positive feedback. We are delighted to read about your experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites Ogden and couldn't be happier that our location and hospitality were everything you hoped it would be. All of us are committed to making your visit to Ogden memorable, and your compliments are sincerely appreciated. We hope you are already planning another trip our way. Thanks again for your words. We love having you here!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

It's wonderful to see an old building brought up to date in such a caring manner. Beautiful hotel! Beautiful Rocky Mountain vistas from every window. The staff made it possible for us to see the 9:30am tv broadcast of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. What a thrill!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear PDBNewtownSquarePA,
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Our guests’ satisfaction is our #1 goal. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to the Ogden area.