All reviews cinnamon rolls parking lot on a cross country road trip breakfast room cactus reds front desk staff biscuits and gravy mountain view from salt lake city staff was very friendly and helpful nice hotel first floor large room bed was comfortable would definitely stay here again stayed one night hot breakfast
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We usually pick Holiday Inn Express. We are currently on a 2 week road trip and was at this location for 2 nights.
Positives...comfortable bedding and hot and high pressure shower. Also, the young woman working in the breakfast area was very friendly despite the fact that they were shutting down the breakfast at 9:30.
Negatives.... our room shared a wall with the elevator shaft. All day and night we hear a clacking noise as the elevator went up and down. We feel that there should never be a room right next to the elevator. I understand across from it, but not sharing a wall. We have never experienced thus noise all day and night. The first night I counted 3 times in 7 minutes as I laid awake.
Anyway, just ask for a room away from the elevator and not on the even side. The highway is right there. We also had tape with us and we were able to tape the room darkening shades closed.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
LeeannHolidayInn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ogden, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

grinnellma,

Thank you so much for staying with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us as well. We love hearing from our guests. I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation. Come back and see us again :)

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We came to utah to visit family. We have stayed in this hotel chain before so we thought this one would be good. It was not. Honestly if I could give it a zero I would. We got to our room, the blackout curtains were busted so they wouldn't close all the way. We were on the freeway side so light kept pouring into our room all night. The beds kept sliding around and were very uncomfortable. My sister and I went to go swim the next morning and there was a sign on the door that said closed. So we went to ask the front desk girl what was going on. She said it was fine we could go ahead and swim. The maintenance would not be in until noon, but it was ok to swim anyways. So we went in there and it was disgusting. Dirty towels everywhere, plastic cups, and bugs and grass floating in the, indoor, pool. The pool opened at 6 we went down around 8, so it should have been cleaned up by someone. The air conditioning in the hallways and around the lobby didn't work it was sweltering. And I went down to breakfast one morning and was barefoot, I forgot my shoes. When I went down to breakfast the breakfast attendant, an older woman, was really rude. She told me I could not be in the breakfast room without shoes or socks. Now I worked in hotels for 5 years and I know it can be a safety issue, but kids run around barefoot all the time and you don't say that to a guest. You bring it up to your manager if it is an issue. There was no sign that said you had to have shoes or socks on and I even asked the attendant if I could just grab my food and take it to my room and she kept telling me I could not be in the breakfast room without shoes. So i could not have breakfast until i went and got my shoes and then came back. Vey rude. Needless to say our experience here was not good, some of the staff was rude. Do not stay here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
LeeannHolidayInn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ogden, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Kheilig23,

Thank you for staying with us. It is our goal to make every stay great and it sounds like we did not succeed during your stay. I apologize. I will be forwarding the review to the proper departments so that we can take care of each issue you described. I hope you have a great rest of the week.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

After a long stressful day of flying and trip up the freeway from Salt Lake City, it was so nice to have a clean friendly place to call home for the night. We were greeted as frequent Holiday Inn guests and given an upgraded room. by the nicest person at the front desk. She was very helpful in directing us to local businesses and restaurants..
Morning breakfast was clean, fresh and just the way you want it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
LeeannHolidayInn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ogden, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dan G,

Thank you for staying with us! I am so happy to hear that after a long day you were welcomed in by our friendly front desk staff and were able to relax and enjoy yourselves! We are looking forward to your next visit with us :) Have a great week!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We stayed here as part of a road trip vacation this summer. The facility was clean and the front desk people were friendly and helpful. The inn is near (right next to) the interstate and is not close to the main area of Ogden. In fact, our room's view was of the area right next to the interstate, but we didn't hear noise from it.

The breakfast buffet was ample and included those delicious cinnamon rolls.

Our only complaint was that the room was a tad dark, including the bathroom. It made it difficult to get ready as the lighting was so dark.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
LeeannHolidayInn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ogden, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you for staying with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do have good news relating to the bathroom lighting, We have heard your feedback and our upcoming remodel will include a full revamp of bathroom fixtures to brighten the room. I look forward to your next visit with us! Have a wonderful week :)

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

The great thing about Holiday Inn Express is you know what to expect. Clean rooms, fluffy towels, Buffet breakfast with cinnamon rolls (you have to have one). There are biscuits and gravy and a machine that spits out pancakes in 2 minutes. The coffee is not bad either. You can earn point and get free stays.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
LeeannHolidayInn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ogden, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

893maryannee,

Thank you for choosing us! Thank you for the amazing review! It is always our goal to provide a great stay for you and it is amazing to hear feedback that shows us we succeeded :) We look forward to your next visit with us! Have a wonderful week :)