1,171 results
All reviews hole golf course gas station gift shop pies carmel junction log furniture on site restaurant best westerns hot tub rooms are large stayed two nights comfortable beds cedar breaks national park a great place to stay great room road trip
Reviewed 16 August 2018

We booked this hotel based on other reviews because we were visiting Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks. If you are visiting Bryce first and driving thru to Zion, stay in Zion/Springdale -- there are better/newer choices there.

The hotel was what I remembered as a Best Western - even though they have upgraded the interiors to some degree, the bed was too soft, the A/C units didn't work properly and the exterior design reflects "drive-up" motels from years gone bye.

We booked the room for 3 days but our plans changed and we only stayed one night -- after a bit of wrangling, the got the account straightened out and only charged us for the original night stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2018

I knew I was going to the middle of nowhere and didn't expect much - but was very surprised! It was nicer than a lot of hotels I've stayed at that had a lot higher rating.
My room was a King bed on the South side of the hotel - single level. I parked right in front of the room, which is important to me. The room was very open, lots of space, a sitting area out the back sliding door looking onto the golf course and the shower was my favorite surprise.
I was there to go hiking in Zions Park so my days were hot and dirty and the shower was simply wonderful. It was large, had a removable shower head as well as a rain style shower head. It made for a very nice ending to the day. The sink and counter were very spacious with a large mirror. This was one of my favorite rooms I've stayed in. Decor is country with a log bed frame. Very homey and comfortable. The ONLY downside was due to the area, there are a lot of flies. There were about 8 - 10 in the room when I came in. It would have been lovely to have a fly swatter in the room. But I recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2018

The hotel is perfectly placed if you plan to explore Bryce Canyon and Zion. As a family we stayed here and explored both canyons easily. The hotel itself is clean, pleasant and has a wonderful pool. Each room has a great view and a nice balcony. The rooms are comfortable, but the staff at this hotel location made our stay very unpleasant. We have stayed at Best Western before and have never had a bad experience until this one. The receptionist was unhappy to see us and made us feel dismissed and unwelcome at the hotel. We had had a long day of travelling and were eager for a good dinner so we thought to try the restaurant. This was the worst meal that we had during our entire trip in the USA. The food was not fresh and was way overpriced. It was in fact our most expensive meal in the USA as a family of 7. The waiting staff were unfriendly and lazy. Our waitress accused our 11 year old child of lying about her age for the children’s menu (12yrs and under). This was very upsetting for her as she is a sensitive child, and immediately made our dinner miserable. The waitress would not even clear our table before we left and was not able to answer our questions about the menu.
The hotel was lovely and I would recommend it, but the staff were unpleasant and unhelpful.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BestWesternHotels, Corporate at Best Western East Zion Thunderbird Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay, and we are sorry to hear that it did not exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again. -Best Western Hotels & Resort

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We stayed here for one night after visiting Zion National Park. It's close to the park and was very convenient. We enjoyed the walk out porch and everything was clean and comfortable. Restaurant on site was great - we ate 2 meals there. Front desk staff was nice. My only complaint is she signed me up for some rewards program without my consent, and now I'm getting email bombed by Best Western.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Thunderbird Lodge is far above a regular motel stay. Not only were the rooms clean, accommodating and efficient but had bonus treats as well. The Thunderbird restaurant connected to the hotel office is terrific. They tout their pies as they should. Behind the lodging in a 9 holes golf course with club house. They also rent 4 wheel atv's no use locally. Conveniently next door is a gas station which is also a welcome site when you don't know when you will see one next.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple