Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 March 2021

We booked to stay here with friends from overseas. When Covid hit we knew our friends were not going to be able to travel internationally and that these places would be closed. As we were required to pay in full to book, we expected that we would receive a refund (minus the cancellation fee) as we cancelled at least 6 months out. They were quick to respond when we were booking and paying, but now after about 30 emails, 100 attempts at phone calls - they just will not respond at all. There is nothing we can do about it except acknowledge they will never refund what is legally owed to us. Absolutely appalling and disappointing. We wanted to support a local attraction but never again. It's the worst kind of theft.

Date of stay: June 2020
3  Thank Emma C
Reviewed 9 September 2020

Because of the Covid’, Navajo territory is closed; therefore we haven't been able to come to the Tipis village in September as scheduled.

We have requested a refund of our advance payment of 220 USD.
However, we did not get either any response nor any refund.

Our request for a refund on the PayPal platform has been canceled by the Tipis village Administrator which means they are still alive but do not intend to comply with the contract we signed at the time of the booking.

This behavior is totally unfair, not acceptable and should be prosecuted.

Of course, behaving in such a way will not help at all to get new tourists once the Tipis village will want to recover after Covid...

Date of stay: September 2020
4  Thank Jlasauvage
Reviewed 9 September 2020

We had prepaid for a two night stay per the their process and very much looking forward to our trip and stay. The place closed at some point early this year. All forms of communication have been disconnected and our money is gone. Would be great if the owner were read this and reach out...

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank UpNorth58
Reviewed 23 September 2019

I usually don't complain and I knew this wasn't going to be a 4 star hotel experience but after seeing the condition of the owners dog on the property enough is enough! No animal deserves this treatment! My friend and I were shocked to see a skeleton of a dog (pitbull mix gray color) come wandering into the Tipi area one morning looking for food, water and attention. He obviously hasn't been fed in some time, is dragging his back hind leg (he can barely walk) and has an open sore on his front leg! This place charges $120 a night for a Tipi (amenities are less than what you would get at a KOA) and they can't FEED THEIR DOG! Shame on these people!!!! SICK SICK SICK. I will never stay here again and support such cruelty! I saw street dogs in Monument Valley that were in better condition. As for the property here are the pros and cons

Cons: 1) if you are a light sleeper this place will bother you. The neighbors dog is chained to a dog house out back 24/7 and barks much of the night. As well as you can hear other dogs in the distance. I'm not a light sleeper so I was able to sleep through it.
2) I didn't see the owner Margie the entire time I was there. When I arrived, she was gone of course. Luckily she had a map on a white board and the names of the two people staying here with Tipi assignments. I did text her that evening to ask where the towels were and if there was coffee and she did respond. The next day I tried to connect with her to pay for that evenings stay since I had only paid a deposit and again she said she was gone but I could pay her sister with cash. I didn't have cash on hand and didn't feel comfortable doing that. She said she would be back later that evening. We had plans to visit Mexican Hat and do some long drives so rather than wreck our plans I told her I would try to call in the afternoon and make payment. If we didn't connect I would leave cash in the Tipi the following day upon leaving. Which I would up doing since I never got hold of her. When we came back in the evening 2 other couples had arrived and couldn't get hold of her and had no idea which Tipi to stay in!
3) There is no coffee or any place to make food unless you want to grill. We had to get our coffee and the gas station down the street. The microwave there works only 1/2 the time and doesn't heat food up well.
4) Maybe not the owners fault just prepare. It was cold at night in the tipi down in the 40's. There was only one blanket on the bed and two thin spare blankets my friend and I shared. We both slept in our clothes and heavy down jackets.

Pros:
1) Our Tipi was clean and spacious.
2) The outdoor area is great! Each tipi has a grill and fire pit.
3) Bathrooms were clean and stocked with Toilet paper, paper towels
4) View from the Tipi's was great
5) Proximity to Monument Valley is super close like 5 min drive.
6) common area is nice, open, plentiful seating and a nice refrigerator.

Date of stay: September 2019
4  Thank jenniferjessebunnies
Robert A, Manager at Monument Valley Tipi Village, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2019

First of all, my dog if week taken care of. We feed and give him water everyday but he chooses to take off days or weeks at a time during this time he fights with other did. I've have tried to keep him tied up or in a dog kennel but he manages to get out. So I am not doing animal cruelty or neglecting him. So don't assume things that you don't know nothing about which this upsets me.
Second I'm sorry I didn't get with you but I am handling this business on my own and I have to think about my kids and grand babies needs and well being also myself. So I had to take care of that for them at the clinic on Kayenta. If your not a mother than you don't know the responsibilities of being a mother, grandmother and business owner. Again doing assume things.
Last if you could communicate with me via text then you could've told me you needed extra blankets or I could've told my sister to put some in your tipi. Yes! We didn't meet but we stayed connected via text.
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay and that you think I'm neglecting me dog and avoiding my customers but maybe this explains it all.
MHoliday

Reviewed 4 September 2019

My kids and I had the most amazing experience staying at MVTV, the most wonderful people, a spacious clean cool tent with beds so comfortable we could frankly not believe it. It was an experience we will NEVER forget. Highly recommended for anyone passing through the area.

Date of stay: August 2019