“Terrible Bussinees Practice! Dishonest!”

Black's Hiking, Jeep Tours and Trail Rides
Reviewed 6 July 2017

I booked a 3 hour trail ride with my family including my parents who lived in the area at one point with our exchange student from Norway. We also booked the overnight stay in the Hogan with a meal. Due to some "lack of communication" within the Black Family the Hogan stay and dinner for 8 did not happen. I was asked to pay in full 6 months in advance and so I did trusting to get the services agreed upon. I was told I would have the $360 refunded to me for us not receiving the services purchased. When I did not see the refund, I offered to receive a credit to a future ride as an option. Despite numerous attempts and a verbal commitment to have my money refunded it has not happened in the 4 months I have been trying since. I should have looked at the other reviews more closely as I see this is not the first time this has happened. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY> YOU WILL BE TAKEN!!! It is unfortunate that there are people/business's that still operate in such dishonest manner. It really tells me of their character!

1  Thank watertraveler42

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Wow. What an experience. We booked the all day 6 hr ride. We got to see restricted areas of the park that others don't see. Our guide Saul was the best! He was extremely knowledgeable about the Native American history, along with the numerous movies, and famous scenes filmed in the park. This was not your average trail ride of just walking the horses. We trotted, gallopped, and even ran the horses across some open areas. My body hated me the following day! We also saw several different groups of wild horses that live in the valley. This trip is definitely was of the highlights of our trip. A++++++++!

Reviewed 11 June 2017

We did not book our trail ride in advance, but showed up at Monument Valley and booked in the parking lot. You had to drive about a mile in to the location which was a rough ride. Once there though they said they would call ahead to let them know we were coming, they did not so we had to wait about 45 minutes while they prepared the horses. It gave us time to change and just mill about. When it was time to go the guides, Miller and his brother (whose name is escaping me) gave a brief intro and off we went. and what a tour it was. We paid for 2 hours and were out for at least 3.5 hours. We were able to see so much of the valley and had amazing guides. The horses were great for both novices (we had one in our group with her first ride) and experienced riders. They were true trail horses and fell into line each time, making it easy to enjoy the scenery. We were able to gallop many times during the ride, stop and take pictures and they even met us at certain places and gave us cold water bottles. We stayed until sunset which was truly spectacular. The guides were the best I have ever had and I have a lot of Trip Advisor reviews and I would give a glowing thumbs up to this tour. Well worth the money (we paid 90 per person for 2 hours). I ended up giving a 50 dollar tip for our group as it was THAT good.....

Reviewed 7 June 2017

We were driving the loop road and came upon the Black's tour corrals and decided, spontaneously, to do the 1 1/2 hour ride. We are not experienced horse people, although we have been on horses before. Our guide, Billy, was fantastic. He gave us each some riding tips - the horses are very well-behaved - and off we went. And we ended up doing almost 2 hours, which was perfect for our experience level. Billy pointed out dozens of interesting rock formations and explained the names and history of some of the sites. We also saw a herd of wild horses. It all just felt like stepping/riding into the iconic image of the West that we've seen in all the famous movies.

1  Thank vski16
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We lucked out on a visit here and had the experience of a lifetime! We arrived and met our guide Saul, the ponies were happy and in great shape and we set off. Saul was a great tour guide full of information and stories. We booked for two hours and actually spent nearly 3 hours out away from the crowds in this beautiful place. Incredibly dramatic scenery and Saul was only too happy to,take pictures of our group for us. If you visit here take the tour, highly recommended!